•Chapter 43•

"So what do we need this for exactly?" I say to the boys, as I stare at the cabinet.

"Well two of us, need to go back to the time before 1980 - we need to kill someone, and we need to find Voldemort." Luke was hesitant with his words.

"Okay, I can do that." I say confidently. "Alex would be the best one to find Voldemort, he's closely related to Lucius, so he can get information from him."

"You don't get to make the calls here!" Luke snaps.

"I started making the calls, when it took you nearly the whole school year to get me to help you. I'll get things done faster then any of you could."

"She has a point." Reggie mumbled to Luke, which earned him a glare.

"Alex, let's go!" I open the doors of the wardrobe.

"Right now?"

"No time like the present." I smirk, walking over to my bag, and retrieving my wand. He hesitates before getting into the cabin with me, after I enter. "When we close these doors, you enter the year 1978 onto the keypad that I installed, then spin the time turner. It should take us back, but if it messes up, Alex and I will find a way back somehow."

"What if we kill you." Luke asks.

"Then you're screwed."

"Here, this is the guy you need to kill, if you don't, it'll ruin our whole plan. Alex knows what to do on his part, so just do your part and everything should be perfect." I grab the small envelope that Luke holds out, and shove it into my back pocket.

I close the doors and hold onto the walls, ushering Alex to do the same. It took a few seconds, but eventually the cabinet started to shake. When the shaking stopped, I looked toward Alex to see if he was okay, before I slowly opened the door. Expecting to see Luke and Reggie standing in front of us, surrounded by all the burnt materials of the room, it came as a huge shock, when the room was filled with all types of materials, none of which were burnt in any way.

"You did it." Alex says from behind me. I smile to myself, before jumping out of the cabinet, so I can have a better look at the room.

"I can't believe anyone would want to burn this down." I look at all the different artifacts that were just sat on the tables and chairs littered through the room.

"We don't have any robes." Alex groans at his late realization.

"There has to be some in here somewhere." I start looking in all sorts of places before I actually find some uniforms.

"Alex! Over here."

He comes rushing over, and he picks up the only Hufflepuff uniform- which also happened to be about three sizes too big for him.

"How do I look?" He waves his hands around, to exaggerate the largeness of the clothes.

"Reducio." I point my wand at him, and instantly the clothes are shrunk down to the perfect size.

"Thanks." He smiles.

I quickly put on my uniform, while I put the envelope Luke gave me, into one of my socks.

"No problem, now, let's go, we both have things to do."

I push open the doors, not really focusing on the fact that people could've seen what was in the room. Luckily when I open the door, nobody was there.

"Okay, I know where I have to go, but unfortunately I have to leave the castle for a bit, you think you're gonna be okay for a few days?" Alex was still fixing his tie as we walked out.

"Probably. But I will have to make up some kind of story as to why I'm here. No doubt that McGonagall will realize I'm not one of her students, as soon as she sees me."

"Yeah, good luck with that. I'll be back soon, and try not to get us stuck here while you're at it." He says as he starts running off.

"You're scared of getting stuck here but not of Voldemort himself?"

"I wouldn't wanna live in this time, I am gay you know." He smirks at me, disappearing completely before I can answer him.

I shake my head, and try think of some reason that I could be here. I decide on a story, that would seem pretty believable to Dumbledore, but perhaps not anyone else. I walk out into one of the busiest halls, and sit on the floor, before my real acting begins.

Although I think screaming on the floor - would definitely get someone's attention, I think everyone would just think that I'm just a little loopy. So I decide to go the extra mile.

I walk outside, onto the wooden bridge leading into one of the courtyards, to see if any small creatures were around. I see a small rat, crawling around the side of the bridge. I grab it, after running after it for a short amount of time.

Its death was quick and somewhat painless for the rat. I won't go into specifics, but after I was done, I was covered in blood. I rubbed some of the dust that had been on the bridge, onto my face and hands, before I heard the last bell of the school day. A lot of students came walking out of the building, into the courtyard area, and I took this as my chance to test my acting abilities.

I cleared my voice, blocking out any other surroundings, and sprinted my way Into the middle of the courtyard, screaming at the top of my lungs, while my tears flowed down my face. As soon as I was in the courtyard, I fell to my knees and began shaking violently.

I couldn't see how everyone was reacting, as I was pretty much deafened by my own screaming, but I can almost bet that there was already a crowd around me.

"Hey, hey it's okay." I heard a voice coming from incredibly close to me, I looked up, tears clouding my vision, when I realized that the cabinet didn't work, I was still in 2020, and my father was standing in front of me, trying to calm me down. I almost instantly stopped when I saw him, already so embarrassed that my plan hadn't worked - and the fact that he knew what I had done. I looked down, not really wanting to look at my father in his eyes.

I felt a hand go under my chin, lifting my head up.

"Sirius!" Dad called behind him. He reached behind him, grabbing a tissue from Simone, and dried my tears, while I closed my eyes in shame.

"Let's get you to McGonagall, she can help you, okay?" Although I knew it was my dad, his voice seemed higher then before, and a lot more calming. "You can trust me, I promise. I'm James."