Chapter 17: Dinner

The next day, I decided to take Anakin to see more of Naboo. As a young boy, Anakin remembered only parts of Naboo but never actually explored. "We're here," I say, arriving home at the front steps of my home.

Anakin and R2 followed behind, stopping directly behind me. I took a deep breath, knowing I was about to see my family. It had been long since I'd been home. There was a sense of peace coming from every direction around me until that peace suddenly disappeared. From a distance, the sound of racing feet came dashing from the long hallway.

Laughter overtook the silence. From the corner, two young girls came out running towards me, taking me in for a deep hug, then quickly running to R2. The girls soon realized there was more company. They took their small hands and cupped Anakins. They began to playfully dance around, making Anakin spin them in circles.

I clapped my hands, only encouraging them to get louder. "Alright girls, Anakin and I need to leave." I say, making the girls "aw" and run off into the distance. I looked at Anakin's face, who was still smiling. Who would have known? He was so great with kids.

We opened the front door, which leads to a massive hallway. "Y/n!?" Sola shouted from a distance. Her footsteps quickly paced around the kitchen; turning the corner, I was met with a deep hug. Sola was my older sister, above Padme.

"Anakin, this is my older sister, Sola," I say as he approached us. "Hello, Anakin," Sola said, shaking his hand. Anakin's face was buried with confusion. He tilted his head and looked for answers in our faces. "I didn't know there was another Amidala in the family," he says, chuckling under his breath.

"Naberrie, actually," my mother said, walking into the dining room. Anakin's eyebrows furrowed with more confusion. "But, Amidala is fine as well." My mother added, giving Anakin a tight hug. "This is my mother, Anakin," I said, grabbing plates full of food and carefully placing them down on the dining table. "You came just in time for lunch. I hope you're hungry, Anakin." My mother said with a big grin on her face. She tightly squeezed Anakin's arm, making him lowly groan.

"A little." Anakin chuckled after being released from her grip. "He's polite, Mom; we're starving," I said, nudging his arm playfully. Anakin pulled out a chair, insisting I take it. "What a gentleman." Sola clapped her hands together in awe. Anakin's face turned a slight pink before coughing to stop his embarrassment.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang from the hallway, startling both Anakin and I. "I'm home!" Padme shouted, coming into the dining room. Both my sister and mother stood up, taking her into their arms. "Padme, it's been a long time." Sola held onto Padme for a few more seconds before backing away.

"I was only gone for a while," Padme sarcastically said back. She looked at the table that was filled with food, ready to eat. "I came at the perfect time. Let us eat!" she laughed, sitting beside Sola directly in front of Anakin and me.

"Well, you've come to the right place at the right time." My father now spoke, sitting at the end of the dining table. He was so silent I had barely noticed he was even in the room. Anakin's posture got tense; it was cute to see him panic. "Darling, it's so good to see both of you safe. We were so worried." My mother said worriedly. Father sighed, shaking his head.

"Dear," he spoke out. "I know, I know, but I had to say it. Now it's done." My mother said, putting her hands up in surrender. I laughed while taking a drink out of my wine before my eyes landed on Solas and Padmes. They were whispering back and forth under their breaths, each time looking in my direction before they went back to hide behind their hands. "Did you know Anakin, you're the first boyfriend my sister has ever brought home," Sola said, making me spill the wine out of my mouth.

I quickly grabbed a napkin to wipe the wine now spilled on my chin. "He's not my boyfriend." I clapped back. My eyes peered into Sola in hate. "Anakin's, a friend, we've known each other for years. We're Jedis assigned for Padme's protection." I added, rolling my eyes. My mother's eyes widen; she took her cup of wine, slowly placing it on the table. "A bodyguard? Oh, Padme, they didn't tell us it was that serious." my mother said worriedly. Padme placed her fork down, "It's not, I promise," she says, looking at me with devil eyes. I smiled back; revenge was sweet.

"I'm not in any danger, Mom," Padme added. "Is she?" My dad asked in a serious tone. Before being able to answer, Anakin coughed under his breath and answered. "Yes, um. I'm afraid she is."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

After dinner, Father decided to take Anakin on a little stroll. I knew he just wanted answers since Anakin was the most honest one of us three.

"Why haven't you told us about him?" Sola asked. I snapped out of my thoughts, looking to my side to see her standing beside me. Her eyes followed my gaze, which landed directly on Anakin. "What's there to talk about?" I asked, turning on the water faucet. I grabbed some plates that were ready to wash, hoping the conversation would drop over the sound of the water.

"He's just a boy," I added, ignoring looking at both Sola and Anakin. "A boy? Have you seen the way he looks at you," Padme teasingly said, standing on the other side of me.

"Padme, stop it." I clapped back mockingly, grimacing once before washing another dish. "It's obvious he has feelings for you," Padme mumbled back under her breath. I turned the faucet off, took a deep breath looked out the window, and finally looked at Padme.

"Anakin and I are friends... our relationship is strictly professional," I said back. Padme shrugged her shoulders, laughing once more. "whatever you say." she placed her hand on my shoulder before leaving the kitchen with Sola following behind her.

"I think I'll head into my room now," I sighed. I quickly glanced once more into the garden view. They were gone. "Oh, honey-" Before my mother could finish, I had completely walked out of the room. This was completely embarrassing and insulting. Had Padme seen us kiss? The door opened, snapping me out of my thoughts.

There he was, standing in the doorframe. His eyes glimmered as the sun landed on them. He weakly smiled. everything about him was perfect. "Let's go to my room," I say to Anakin, making him nod in response.

The walls were painted yellow and all around were pictures. "So, do you ever come back?" Anakin said, admiring the photos holographed on the wall. "I move around so much, especially with Master Windu. I never really had a place of my own." I said back. I grabbed a bag underneath my bed and placed it on the bed.

I saw a few valuable things I wanted to take back to the temple: Photos, jewelry, clothes, and, more importantly, a holographic bracelet. It was more so like a slideshow on your arm; the bracelet held memories of when I was young with my sisters.

"I never really had a home," Anakin said, taking my arm admiring the holographic images. "Home was always where my mom was," he added. The images played sounds from them.

Laughter filled the room as one image appeared of me playfully fighting with my father. "Is this you?" Anakin asked softly, smiling. "That was a stupid playful fight. It was the day of my birthday; I thought everyone had completely forgotten about it until they surprised me. I got so mad, my dad took me into his arms." the slide faded into the next, making his eyes snap onto mine.

"when's your birthday?" he teasingly asked. My mouth formed into an "o" shape, knowing he was making fun of me. Of course, he thought it was funny. 

"I'm kidding, I'd never forget your special day. " He chuckled before the room became quiet. His body drew closer to mine, my chin lifted to stare face-to-face with his. His hands softly trailed the sides of my face, and he knew how sensitive I was to his touch now.

He hunched down a bit so that his lips could come closer to my neck. I felt the warmness and the burning eagerness starting to spurt once more. One of his hands remained on my cheek while the other made its way toward my back. 

"Anakin," I whispered gripping onto his robes. 

"I haven't even kissed you yet and you're already making me stop?" He pulled away smirking. I rolled my eyes embarrassed. "Dont do this," I whispered back making sure nobody in this house could hear.

"You're right. I won't, but that doesn't mean it won't happen later." He kissed my forehead and made his way out the door. 

Note: Chapter updated.