Chapter 49: Back to Naboo

Naboo, a different kind of system. The weather was mostly warm with a bit of a breeze. My mind started to race with memories before I joined the Jedi.

We landed at the same place Darth Maul appeared years ago. The same place Ani and I promised Qui-Gon we'd stay, but instead blew up the enemy's generator. I smiled, knowing these were memories I'd always want to keep.

When the front door of the ship opened, I barged out immediately, facing a terrified Queen."We came as soon as we could, my lady. Have you found any more droids?" I asked urgently, as we were already late.

The Queen had on her usual attire. Whiteface paint and an impressively large hairstyle.

"Only the three. But you can be sure they aren't tourists. I need you to convince the Senate or the Jedi Council or whoever is in charge of this terrible war that we are threatened." The Queen worriedly said as her loyal bodyguard, Captain Typho, stood beside her.

It was the first time I went in regular clothing on a mission. I wore Padme's blue dress while I let my hair loosely hang.

"They'll need more proof. Finding a couple of battle droids will not be enough." I said. I thought about telling my Master, but I knew he wouldn't take three battle droids, a severe threat. Hence the new change in apparel, I was undercover.

"Captain Typho, the battle droid is ready for analysis." A male voice spoke out from his wrist intercom.

I looked up hesitantly while the Queen grabbed my arm softly. "Let's go see this droid," she said as we strolled to the medical center.

"Have you been able to retrieve any information?" I asked as my eyes laid upon a massive droid lying on a metal table. Above him was the only light in the room, used to examine in depth.

"Unfortunately, the Naboo security who discovered them prefer to shoot first and retrieve the data later. "The Queen said as she stood across the table.

My eyes examined the droid to the best of my capabilities. It was still in one piece. However, the droid's feet were covered in now hardened mud. My eyes soon redirected themselves to an oddly wondering Jar Jar Binks. His neck extended to long lengths as his nose started to sniff forcibly.

"If they were found in the grasslands, where'd they pick up this mud?" I asked, still eyeballing Jar Jar.

"Add that to our very long list of questions." Captain Typho laid his hand on my shoulder. My attention was no longer on Jar Jar, but on the man, who I thought discovered who I truly was.

His lips were straight as his brows began to furrow. I felt my heart begin to pick up at an intense speed. It's not that I was afraid, but I knew the Jedi would be angry, especially Master Windu. I haven't told Anakin I even left Coruscant; this mission was supposed to be quick and straightforward.

The loud, intense sound of a blade sliding onto metal made my ears ring. I looked back to the table to see the medical droid was cutting the droid's head open.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this," 3PO said as he wrapped his fingers together. I rolled my eyes; that droid was always scared of everything. "With your permission, Y/n, I would like to shut down before I have a sensory overload," 3PO added as he began to walk to the corner of the room.

"Permission denied." I answered, making him stop in his tracks. "Denied?" he turned around in an instance. He held his hand up to his mouth as his eyes appeared to become larger.

"You may be able to get some information out of him." I faced 3PO with my eyes peered. As he was about to respond, the droid laying on the bed sat up, making my body move backward. I grabbed the hilt of my saber instinctively as I watched the droid power up.

"Cannot see. Where am I." The droid commented as his head began to wander in all directions of the room. I looked at 3PO, insisting C3PO say something.

"You are in the perfect hands-on board a separatist ship. Count Dooku himself intends to reward you for your bravery." 3PO's voice shook uneasily as the droid became more aware of his surroundings.

"Bravery?" The droid asked.

"For your assignment on Naboo. Do try to activate what's left of your memory. We all want to hear your medical heroics," 3PO said as he approached the droid closely to his face.

"Virus." the droid began to warble; he seemed to be slowly remembering though it was hard for him to form a sentence.

"Yes, the Virus. You do remember. Please continue." 3PO seemed to gain confidence; his body became full of energy.

"A small amount leaked. Must contain. Naboo cannot know. Lab must remain secret." The droid answered, making everyone raise their eyebrows. A secret lab? A virus? My Jedi instincts came up with many questions and solutions though I was to be kept quiet at the time.

I whispered once more into 3PO's ear, shooting all my questions into his ear as he tried to take in everything I had said. "A secret lab on Naboo? Where? You must-" I quickly placed my hand over his mouth, stopping him from saying anything at all.

"It is a secret. This is no separatist ship." The droid answered.

I knew the droid was about to spark. I looked around, finding a sharp object when my eyes landed on a small pistol. "Unless you want to become scrap metal, you'll tell us where the lab is." I drew the weapon holding it directly in front of the droids head, reloading so he'd know.

"The lab is secret," he responded, but from the corner of my eye were four massive tall shelves falling onto the metal table we stood by. "Watch out!" I yelled as I quickly pushed 3PO to the corner of the room.

My knees hit the stone ground; as I looked back up, the droid had been crushed by the shelves. "We'll never get any information out of him now." Captain Typho said as he stood up angrily, biting the sides of his lower lip.

I looked around the room to find the probable cause, though I realized the Jar Jar was nowhere in sight.

"Meesa, sorry. It was an accident." Jar Jar walked out of the shadows of the room, approaching my body. He held the top of an astromech droid. He tilted the object as one butterfly flew from beneath the head's metal parts, landing on the floor.

I kneeled, looking at the blue bug. "Is this what you're after?" I coughed. I pointed at the bug, who seemed to be limping across the ground. "Meesa loves them. He's a very, very good tongue grabbing. Yousa finden only in one placen." Jar Jar clapped his palms together. He seemed to be fantasizing; his eyes rolled back to his skull.

"Where?" I asked. It was strange to see one blue butterfly be in a medical center, especially in this situation. Perhaps finding the root is the solution to the problem.

"In the mud under the perlote tree," Binks answered, making my head light up. The droid had muddy feet, and the butterfly is only found near mud. I got up from kneeling, taking Jar Jar into a hug. "For a hungry sucker, you have your ways." I cheered.

"We need to go to the Eastern Swamps. I think Jar Jar just found out the location of the lab." I pulled away, looking back at the Queen.

I smiled, knowing as soon as this was done, I'd be on my way back to Anakin.