Chapter 109: Grievous

Two whole months passed, and the days seemed to be the same. Delayed or missed calls were the usual, but not an entire month. Something bigger than must have happened, and I felt it. The way the force works is quite interesting.

Anakin was pulled back in forth from commander to commander. There seemed to be no progress, and the Republic was still failing. Not to mention I had to attend every senate meeting, and on repeat was the bad news.

Sometimes persuasion and motivation didn't work on the other senate members, and others resorted to switching sides.

I sat in my office looking at the city of Courscant. It wasn't packed with joy as it used to, but filled with sadness. Perhaps it was just my feelings.

"Senator Amidala, I'm afraid we have terrible news."

I turned around to face the front entrance of my office. My eyes stared at a clone trooper."What is it?" I questioned.

My mind went to terrible senate news and how much of a failure our meeting went. Or how much the Republic keeps losing. It didn't mind bobble me; there wasn't much I could do. I was seven months pregnant, and almost everyone around me knew it.

They always wondered who the father was, but none dared to ask. After all, in their eyes, I was a past Jedi that failed even the simple task of having romantic relationships.

"Grievous has attacked the capital! They are everywhere," He shouted. That's when the real fear went through my body. The bombing and shouting quickly filled the entire building.

I quickly sat up, running towards the doors and closing them off.

"We must go now! Stay close and follow my every move." I ordered. I ran back towards my desk, grabbing my two sabers underneath the glass desk. I placed them quickly into my belt, which I always wore in case of emergencies.

"Is there anyone protecting the Chancellor?" I asked the Troop as I pressed a red button under the desk. This opened a secret passageway that would let any Senate member to our boarding docks.

"As far as I heard, Shaak Ti has been sent to protect him." He answered.

She was a great Jedi. I'm sure he was in excellent care, but I didn't want him to get hurt.

That's the funny thing, quick, literally. In these past few months, the Chancellor has made himself more noticeable. I always thought he was a jackass, but I thought wrong. In my time of need, when I needed Anakin, he was there.

He didn't know Anakin was the father but supported everything. As far as I know, he thinks some random person knocked me up. It didn't matter; he was the only person who treated me like a person. When I felt nauseous and needed time away from the Senate, he was the only friend I had that backed me up.

"Great, Master Shaak Ti is an amazing Jedi," I commented as we continued our path. It was dark, and the sound of our feet echoed throughout the whole metal circle hallway. It looked like a sewer, but at least without the smell.

"Well, actually, Master Windu has lost all contact with her." He added nervously.

Stopping right in my tracks, I felt the panic.

"Something went wrong; I know it." I closed my eyes, reaching toward the force, but everything was blocked. It has become harder to feel anything to feel the light.

"I can't feel Master Shaak Ti!" I yelled, panicking.

"Senator Amidala, I'm sorry, but we must get going." The Troop suggested. All around were more and more blaster shots and bombing.

I took a deep breath focusing once more, but there was nothing. I sighed in frustration before opening my eyes. "Let's go," I voiced, running again in the direction of the exit.

⋆ ˚。⋆˚⸜(♡ ॑ᗜ ॑♡)⸝ ˚⋆。˚ ⋆

Heading home was the least of my worries, but heading straight to Padme was my worry.I stormed right into her complex, shouting her name as loudly as before seeing her walk out of her bedroom. She looked stressed but classy at the same time.

"Are you okay?" I asked, pacing to grab her into my arms.

"I'm afraid Grievous has kidnapped the Chancellor," Padme's words quickly came out of her mouth.

"And what about Master Shaak Ti?" I pulled away, asking.

"I'm not quite sure, but y/n, there is something you should know." She almost whispered. Her eyes looked back onto the distance, my eyes following in her path. She looked directly at the Troop that had accompanied me.

"Uh, yeah, Commander Flex, my sister and I would like a moment alone if you would," I commented nicely.

"As you wish, I will be on the other side if you need me." He bowed and walked out, leaving Padme and me alone.

My eyes darted back onto her, anxious about what she had on her mind.

"General Skywal- I mean Anakin and Master Obi-Wan Kenobi were departed on a rescue mission to help save the Chancellor and finally put an end to Grievous." She muffled under her breath. She was afraid to tell.

"When was this?" I asked.

"Well, The Chancellor was taken hours ago, and the bombing only happened recently under Grievouses direction." She answered.

"And when did they leave?" I asked once more.

"It has been hours as well." She croaked; her voice was anxious and nervous as if he was stepping on glass.

"I see," I answered back.

"I'm sure they are fine; Anakin is an amazing Je-" Padme began.

"Padme, don't try and make me feel better. As a once member of the Jedi, I know exactly what situation they are in. What kind of mission they are being handed. It's either they end Grievous, or they are gone." I huffed, the annoyance of being treated like a baby only because I am having one.

The sudden fear hurt my head and, more importantly, my heart.