Chapter 22: Where?

After chatting with Watto, we headed to a small hut in what looked like the middle of nowhere. It was small and looked like an igloo; it wasn't made of ice or snow; it was made of sand and dirt.

R2 whistled, making me look behind. R2 also hated sand; I smiled and nodded. "Stay with the ship, R2," I say, making him happily beep and turn back. I looked at Anakin, who shook his head playfully.

Walking closer to the small hut, there was another droid. This time it had two legs and two arms, unlike R2. The droid seemed to be messing around with a telescope. "Oh! Um, uh, hello. How might I be of service? I am C--" The droid began but was cut off by Anakin. "3PO?" he asked.

I smiled, knowing this was the droid Anakin would tell me as a kid. He would always brag about the droid and the repairs he would do on Tatooine. C3PO looked shocked; he stumbled, "Oh, um- the maker! Oh, Master Ani! I knew you would return. I knew it! And who might this be!?" C3PO looked in my direction.

"Hello C3PO, I'm y/n." I smiled, making him ecstatically shake. "Bless my circuits! I'm so pleased to see my master found love!" He yelled excitedly, taking me into a hug. "Oh, uh, actually, we aren't together," I said, making C3PO pull away.

"I've come to see my mother," Anakin said before C3PO had anything to say back. "Oh. Um, I think perhaps we'd better go indoors," C3PO said fastly, walking towards the door. I looked into Anakin's face, who grew worried. "It will be alright," I said, placing my hand on his back and leading him towards the door.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Master Owen might I present two most important visitors," C3PO said as we walked down the stairs. The hut might have looked small on the outside, but it was rather large on the inside. Looking up, there was an opening to the sky. It must be beautiful at night.

"I'm Anakin Skywalker," Anakin said, greeting who must be Owen. Beside the man was a girl, shorter than him, but beautiful. She had blonde hair that was tied up in braids. "Owen Lars. Uh, this is my girlfriend, Beru." He said, looking at the girl next to him.

"Hello," Beru said, looking at Anakin and then at me. "I'm y/n," I said, making Beru smile. "I guess I'm your stepbrother. I had a feeling you might show up someday." Owen said, taking the rag that was in his hands, cleaning a small tool.

Anakin walked forward, observing the room. He was looking for any sight of his mother. "Is my mother here?" Anakin asked sadly, waiting for her to pop out of nowhere. But instead, there was another voice, the sound of an older man. "No, she's not." the older man moved towards us in a wheelchair. "Clieigg Lars. Shmi is my wife." Clieigg shook hands with Anakin. "We should go inside. We have a lot to talk about." Clieigg turned back around, heading towards what seemed like the dining room.

Followed behind were Beru and Owen. Anakin stood in the middle of the room. He was worried; I felt his presence and his sadness. I walked towards him placing my hand on his shoulder. I leaned my hand against his arm. "I'm right here, don't worry," I whispered. Anakin looked over, facing down to my face. He smiled weakly and nodded.

"Thank you." He whispered back, we followed onto Owens's steps when I felt Anakin's warm hand slip into mine. If it were any other occasion I would have speedily taken my hand out of his, but I knew at this moment he needed me.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"It was just before dawn. They came out of nowhere. A hunting party of Tusken Raiders." Clieigg said. He was sitting in the dining room, chatting about the disappearance of his mother. "Follow me," Beru said, taking a gallon of juice to the table.

"Your mother had gone out early, like she always did, to pick mushrooms that grow on vaportators," Clieigg added. I sat down next to Anakin to keep him comfortable and to keep him from raging out. Beru placed the drinks in the middle of the table.

"From the tracks, she was about halfway home... when they took her." Clieigg sighed before beginning once more. "Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious mindless monsters. Thirty of us went out after her. Four of us came back." Anakin's body became tense with every word.

I felt him through the force; I felt his anger and his sadness. Both were not a great combination for a boy who was known to be the chosen one. I placed my hand on his leg, trying to give him the best comfort I could possible. When I noticed, he wrapped his hand in mine. He squeezed tightly, before releasing some of the pressure. 

"I'd be lost out there with them, but after I lost my leg, I couldn't ride anymore. Un-until, I healed. I don't want to give up on her, but she's been gone a month. There's little hope she's lasted this long." Clieigg's last words stabbed Anakin's heart.

He squeezed his hand, making them hurt in pain. I groaned as quietly as I could, making him let go and stand up. "Where are you going?" Owen asked. Anakin stopped and peered directly into the boy's eyes. "To find my mother." he scuffed in disgust. "Your mother's dead, son. Accept it." Clieigg said. Anakin shook his head in response and quickly walked away.

"I'm sorry Y/n, but I'm telling him the truth," Clieigg replied as he saw me get up from the table as well. "You dont know that." I jabbed back before heading towards Anakin in a hurry. 

Note: Chapter updated.