Chapter 15: First Kiss

"y/n..."

"You must turn around before it's too late."

I opened my eyes to find the sun blaring into the room. My dreams were slowly getting shorter. The screams were slowly fading into oblivion. I had no recollection of last night. Only I knew Anakin slept beside me. ANAKIN.

I quickly turned around and found an empty bed. Relief filled my whole body. Was it all just a crazy dream? I glanced at the huge mirror before me. I looked like a huge mess. I groaned and rolled back over into bed.

Padme had planned a lake ride in the morning along with some of her friends. She talked about taking a break from her daily cycle. "To adventure and discover into the wilderness of Naboo's most beautiful lakes." I replayed the words over and over in my head making me chuckle every time.

I wore a dress that looked like it would fall off in one sneeze. It was made out of bias-cult silk and sand-washed silk satin. The bottom of the gown was an ombre creating a beautiful rainbow effect. At the hem was a smoky lilac color followed by pinks and oranges until it reached a pale yellow color at the collar.

There were vintage-beaded tassels and shells used as a collar and arm cuffs. For the first time which seemed like a long time, I felt beautiful. I spun around in my closet watching the colors elegantly sway and mix.

I grabbed my lightsaber and finally headed toward the balcony where Padme and the rest waited.

"Goodness, you look so beautiful," Padme said ecstatically, grabbing my arm and twirling me
around the ground. I bowed playfully, grabbing the ends of my dress. "I don't think the council would approve of this," I jested, nudging her arm playfully. She rolled her eyes, before laughing once more. "I don't think they would mind." Padme teased.

Within seconds, my eyes spotted the blonde walking down the stairs. His eyes concentrated on each step he was taking. My body became tense, remembering what could have happened last night. I felt my palms begin to sweat.

Suddenly, his eyes shot directly into mine. He walked down the last step and stopped at the bottom of it. His eyes widened, and looking at every inch of my body, he widely smiled. "Ahh, there is the last one," Padme said, breaking eye contact. "Sorry, milady," Anakin bowed before moving towards the group.

"How about we start paddling?" Lila asked, sitting up from one of the benches. Lila was Padme's close friend from Naboo. Ever since we were kids, it has always been the three of us. On occasions, Sola would tag along.

We all nodded and made our way to the boarding dock. The breeze outside was still with no clouds in sight.

There were two boats ready for us at the bottom of the stairs. "Okay, Lila and I will take this one," Padme says pointing at the boat lined up first. "y/n and Anakin can take that one." she pointed at the second one. Oh no, this wasn't a good idea. I did not want to spend any more alone time with Anakin.

"I think it's a-'' I began before Anakin interjected. "I think that's a great idea. Padme and Lila can have time to catch up. Y/n and I will be close in case anything happens." Anakin says confidently. God, how I wanted to slap this boy.

Padme and Lila nodded and boarded the boat with the help of the guards. Anakin looked towards me with a smirk plastered on his face. "Don't act like this isn't what you wanted." he purred, holding out his hand.

I glanced at his hand raising an eyebrow. "Believe me, it wasn't" I snapped, browsing my way up to his eyes. Anakin's face became enraged, his jaw clenching. "Just do as I say." he hissed staring coldly into my eyes.