Chapter 65: To Love

Your Pov

"I'm waiting for my business venture to start. I'm doing some private investing with guaranteed returns." Clovis ranted about his business. We walked into the secluded library once more. I had waited all night to be brought back into this room, and it took a whole lot of listening to get here.

"Oh, could you bring me something to drink?" I asked. I held my hand up to my forehead, feeling my temples pounding. I then moved my hands towards my neck. "I'm so thirsty all of a sudden, and my head is pounding," I mumbled. He grabbed onto my waist, holding my weight as I leaned back onto him.

"Oh, you poor thing. It's the climate change. I'll be right back." Clovis answered. His body swiftly moving out of the room. I stopped acting like whatever I felt was bothering me; this was the plan the whole time. Act sick, to get anywhere.

I moved towards the Holonet, looking at all the buttons to press on. "Display hologram," I whispered.

"Passcode required." the Holonet voiced back. Dammit. "Scipio. Banking Clan. Senator Clovis. Baron Rush Clovis. Rush." I tried everything, but my mind ran into one word. My name, "Y/n?". The computer chirped. It was the correct password. "Passcode accepted."

What appeared on the Hologram was coordinates for Dooku's new droid foundry. Clovis and the Banking Clan were behind all of it. The Council has to see this. I grabbed my small purse digging my hands to find the intercom chip calling Anakin.

I then took the chip from the holonet, grabbing the coordinates and data.

"Still dying of thirst?" Clovis walked back into the room. My back turned fastly; I held the chip in my hand, hiding it behind my back. I walked towards the center, taking the cup of water from his hands. "That tastes so good. I guess I was just thirsty." I lied after taking a sip.

"Come, Y/n. Give me your hand." Clovis commented. I coughed; I didn't expect what he had asked. On the one hand, I held his valuable chip and held a glass of water in the other. I could use the Force, but focusing on two things would be a challenge. Instead, my body threw itself onto his. "You're so good to me, Clovis. I don't deserve your kindness." I mumbled, hoping Ani would walk in, and surprisingly he did. However, I didn't want him to walk in at this exact moment. My hands wrapped Clovis's neck as his hands wrapped my waist.

"It's nice to hear you say that," Clovis whispered into my ear. My eyes made eye contact with Ani's. His pupils were huge, and on the edge of his lower lid was a small puddle of tears swelling. I swallowed thickly, "I've been waiting for this moment all night." I replied.

I held up the chip clear enough for Anakin to see. He nodded; he knew my plan in an instant. I let my hand drop the chip, making it fall onto the ground but before it did, Anakin extended his arm using the Force to pull it to himself.

"Your heart is racing," Clovis whispered once again. I leaned back from his grip, annoyed. "Because of you." I lied.

"I wasn't sure you still had feelings for me. But now..." Clovis leaned his body further into mine again, though I stopped him with my arms. "I would have said something earlier, but we were in the middle of our official duties, and duty comes first, no matter... no matter how we feel." My body felt weak. My words became dry and shortened.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Clovis asked. However, before I could respond, my body entirely went numb. My limbs gave up, and the room had become pitch dark; here we go again.

Anakin's Pov

I shut my eyes, hoping I didn't have to see anything more. I had the chip in my hand, and I knew the efforts Y/n had gone through to get this. I quickly ran back to the ship giving the chip to R2.