Chapter 96: Lost and Found

We were heading into the depth of the city. I only wished to find one thing. Ahsoka. No, I wasn't going to handcuff her and turn her in, but instead, be the comfort she needed. I knew if the tables were turned, I'd be on the run also.

So here I was, on another mission. Not just any ordinary assignment, but one in the hopes of returning someone I cared for, someone Anakin also cared for.

"The lower level police claim to have spotted Commander Tano heading to level 1312." Rex's voice echoed through my mind as he informed Anakin and me. I had spaced out most of the time. I didn't want to hear all the false accusations that had been made. "Ahsoka is the murderer," "The Jedi have turned against their own,"

They were rumors I knew had to be false.

"All right, let's bring her home," Ani responded. He was the only one, including Rex, who used the word "home," the others wanted to throw her behind bars or kick her from the order.

I grabbed onto the bar handle above my head, gripping it tight so that any sway the ship made, I wouldn't fall to my death. If only Padme could see me now. Oh, she wouldn't be happy at all. All she wants is for me to lay in bed and handle my pregnancy with care. But how could I be calm?

We headed further and further down to the city where Ashoka once fell off. My eyes wandered every door, platform until they landed on the girl. Ahsoka was there, but she wasn't standing alone. She was with a woman. She is a tall, beautiful woman. "Anakin, Ahsoka is right there," I commented, making sure my eyes stayed locked onto the young padawan.

"But she isn't alone-" I continued, but quickly his voice interfered with mine. "It's Ventress," He replied.

My brows furrowed themselves. Ventress? Why would Ahsoka want to be involved with Ventress? She was a criminal that has done wrong to the Republic. Could all the rumors be true? No. I snapped out of it immediately. There had to be some explanation.

The ship slowly lowered itself down when both their bodies turned in a quick instance.

"Shine the light over there," Anakin shouted to the clone that was driving.

The two bright lights of the ships hovered over to their bodies. Still, in place, they squinted past the light before Ashoka had a clear vision of who was aboard. She turned her head back over to Ventress, whispering in a slight tone.

"Stay where you are!" A clone shouted from the ship, making them both run the opposite way. Dammit, they never know how to handle a fragile situation.

I jumped off the ship a few feet away, landing on the platform. Kneeling with one leg in my stance, I looked up before peering over my shoulder, noticing Anakin had jumped as well. We both began to run in their direction. They quickly jumped a couple of stairs down before playing around with a control panel.

They had turned a barrier on escaping once again. We both quickly stopped before slamming our bodies into it. Ahsoka got away again.

Why would she be with Ventress? My thoughts ran miles before she turned her body around. Her face was in straight contact with ours. She slightly shook her head, insinuating she didn't want to be followed.

My lips slightly parted. Ahsoka was scared.

"Ventress," Anakin whispered to himself. I was in complete agreement; there had to be something more than what was seen. However, I didn't know how to pinpoint exactly what I saw. My mind ran with one, but I also sensed what might or was happening.

Ahsoka could have easily betrayed the order, and everything that was said could have been valid; it explained why she was with Ventress. Or... well, I haven't thought of another or. There was no reason Ventress would be involved.

"Send out the probes. I want them found now!" Anakin shouted. His brows furrowed themselves angrily as his fists began to curl themselves inwards.

"We will find her, Anakin, and we will find out the truth," I placed my hand onto his shoulder, turning his body around. His face was staring at the ground, his eyes tightly shut. "I don't want to believe what I think is true." He commented.

"And what do you think is true?"

"No, Ahsoka didn't do any of the stuff Master Yoda, and the council argued about. She is being framed and Ventress... and Ventress... I don't know," He slammed his fist against the red barrier.

I was too frustrated not to know any of the answers. One minute we were trying to find who was responsible for the explosions, and the next, we were hunting down one of our own.

"Let's get back on the ship. Rex will have one of the clones fly around the perimeter," he sighed, calming down before placing his hand onto the back of my body. He gently rubbed it as we walked towards the ship.

"The probes are making a full perimeter around where they have possibly gone, but I'm afraid it's just a waiting game, sir," Rex commented.

We grabbed onto the bar handles tightly again as the ship began to fly upwards. We were so close to bringing her home.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It seemed as though time moved slowly. Appearing as only two hours has gone by since our departure from Ahsoka and Ventress. Every minute that passed by, the hopes of finding her were diminished.

We were in the sky, looking for at least a sign, but none came. It was silent, almost as if we all knew the answer or the probable outcome.

Ahsoka wasn't coming home. However, I knew it wasn't going to stop Anakin from looking everywhere. I knew that if it came down to only him searching, he wouldn't stop. He cared too much to let her down.

It was midnight, and the drowsiness of my eyes was coming to an all-time low. It's strange; all the energy I have accumulated over the past years means nothing now. I got tired of the simplest tasks.

"Tired?" Anakin asked. He sat on the chair next to me as his eyes looked over to my face. "No, I'm okay." I weakly smiled. "Don't lie." he replied before leaning into my ear, "You know sleeping next to you, I can tell when you are. Your eyes get a bit darker, and well, you become quiet, and also because you yawn a lot." he chuckled at the end which made me roll my eyes playfully.

"I won't let you do this alone, even if I am a bit tired," I whispered slightly so that only he could hear.

"I wouldn't want anyone else-" but before he had the chance to reply, from a distance was a building set to flames. Something in my gut told me it was her, and I knew he felt it too. "Get down there now," Anakin ordered as he stood up from the chair and made his way over to get a better view.

The ship quickly and fastly sped its way down again. Every troop set their boots on the building that was fastly building with flames and smoke. Quickly Anakin and I jumped off, running towards the direction every troop was running to.

"No, Wolffe, let me explain," Ahsoka's voice echoed through the warehouse. Until the sound of a blaster went off, however, it was set to stun.

Slowly walking towards the sounds, there she was. She wasn't conscious; she was lying on a crate as if she had fallen onto it before she was stunned. She was dirty, and her whole outfit was covered in dust. I looked up to see the top of the building was blown open. Yet, there was no sign of anyone, including Ventress.

Anakin quickly paced to her side, grabbing her arm giving her comfort even if she wasn't awake.

"Explosives," Wolffe commented. I looked in his direction to see he was holding a bomb in his hand.

"These are the same types of nano-droids that were used to blow up the Jedi Temple." He continued. I looked around once again and found that every crate was filled with nano-droids.

"I can't believe it," Anakin replied after a short pause. He stood up from kneeling, looking around as I once did.

It can't be true, but everything that has happened led to the possibility that it was.