Chapter 115: Caught

There he was, standing tall, his mouth slightly opened. I felt the cold air shiver onto the back of my neck. It felt as if everything that was happening at the moment was a dream. A nightmare, Zander, my Padawan, had seen the nightmare Anakin and I were living in.

My body didn't move an inch. It was frozen in place by the distraught my mind couldn't comprehend. Even the words that were on the edge of my lips weren't spilling out.

"It's not what-" I stuttered. Moving my body as far as possible, even though it was just a few inches. I could barely feel my legs, they seem to have gone numb.

"No, it's exactly what you think it is." Anakin merged in. My head quickly moved in his direction. I was even more shocked, how could he? I thought to myself, but before I could form more questions he continued.

His body moved towards Zander inching slowly to his. With one hand trying to reason with the boy. "I'm tired of keeping it a secret from the people we love, Y/n." Anakin looked back and forth between Zander and me.

The boy kept one facial expression the whole time, but suddenly, a slight smile marked his face.

"I know what it feels like." He sighed. His body swayed into the middle of the living room, almost jumping on the couches. Placing his legs onto the glass table, relaxing his back muscles into the cushions of the couch.

He moved his hair from his vision and chuckled.

"Love is forbidden for a Jedi. Attachments are forbidden, blah, blah, blah. For a long time, I had gone against that rule." He added.

Zander played with a charm he had wrapped wound his wrist. It was wooden and old. The paint had almost worn off completely. "And you're probably wondering what I could mean?" He turned his head over his shoulder to face our bodies.

"Alderaan, a planet known to peace, or was." He chuckled, "Before I was picked up by the Jedi, I had a sister, but no parents. A gang of pirates made sure we didn't" He mumbled that last part.

"My sister and I were always looking at scrapes of leftover food from garbage cans. Anything we could lay our hands on. And one day, that same gang of pirates thought it would be funny to take young girls off the streets. Unfortunately, my sister was one of them" Zander covered his charm back up with his robes. His eyes lifted from the ground and made their way to mine.

"I hadn't seen her since, but I looked for her every day. Master Kit Fisto found me buried in bags of trash. I figured joining the Jedi would help me find her." he broke our eye contact to look at his scar. His head shook before a slight chuckle came out of his mouth.

"So I decided to train with Master Krell in hopes of finding her. But even Master Krell keeps saying the same. Attachment is forbidden and I should give up. All I have is information about her being held in the Utapau system." he puffed letting his body relax more into the cushions. He was defeated.

"I will help you find her," I mumbled, walking towards the boy kneeling down so that I could be at eye level. The lids of his eyes began to water, "Thank you, Master Skywalker." he proceeded to swing his body to mine, giving me a hug.

Note: Sorry guys for not updating in a long time. However, I am updating old chapters and will do my best to at the same time to update with new chapters. If you have any suggestions on the rest of the book feel free to comment.