Chapter 97: Awaiting

"Captured she has been?" Master Yoda asked. He sat with his legs crossed as he appeared on the Holocron. We were currently on our way to take her home, well, to the council.

"Yes, Master Yoda." Master Plo Koon replied. He decided to tag along, knowing he was the one who brought Ahsoka to the Jedi in the first place. He somewhat felt it was right to stand by her side as we turned her in.

"Without incident?" Yoda asked again.

"No, she was subdued by the clones and found in possession of explosive nano-droids," Plo replied.

I looked toward the back of the ship. She was still unconscious. That poor girl, she never had the time to explain.

"It still doesn't explain Ventress' involvement. We saw her with Ahsoka." Anakin sighed before continuing. "I think there's more going on than we know."

"By Ahsoka or against her," My Master replied. Even though I was no longer in the Order, I found it hard not to call him my Master. He will always be the person that trained me. Almost like a father figure, even in his most stubborn times.

"That remains to be seen. We're bringing her back to the temple." I chipped in.

"Let's just hope we can keep her here." Master Windu said as he immediately vanished afterward.

Keep her here? I stared at the ground, concentrating on what he could have meant. Looking again to my left to see Ahsoka still in cuffs, it was heartbreaking.

We were minutes away from the temple, where we were all dropped off. I, however, wasn't a part of the Order. I wasn't allowed in, in these circumstances, of course.

"Whatever happens, I will let you know everything," Anakin commented as he grabbed my hand, helping me out of the ship.

"Ani, now that I'm a part of the Senate, I could vouch for Ahsoka. If it comes down to it," I suggested it in a matter of seconds. That was the best part of being in the Senate. I had power in a sort of way.

"Yes, of course." He smiled back.

"Master Skywalker, it's time," Plo commanded as he began to walk the steps of the temple. I looked at Anakin one more time before parting away. Who knows how long it will take, but I was ready at any moment.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I sat around, waiting and waiting. No news from anyone. Until the slight knock on our apartment door was the only sound. Getting up quickly, I answered the door to see Padme.

"Padme, come on in." I smiled with joy. Only to hope she wasn't here to lecture me on my wild hiatus. "I told you to stay home," She turned around immediately after walking in. "Padme, you know I cannot do that," I closed the door slowly before emerging into this argument.

"What will happen if you get hurt? And they take you to a medical bay and then find out what we both know can destroy you." She folded her arms inward. "Destroy me? I thought the whole point of joining the Senate was so that I could be free." I furrowed my brows.

"I meant, destroy your reputation. When they ask who the father is? What will you tell them?" She asked. In that mere moment of silence, I had no answers. What could I possibly say?

"I'll tell them; it was some guy at the bar that I don't even know" My hand automatically placed itself on my forehead. The nerves and stress were hitting me with each passing moment and each question she asked.

"A guy from the bar? The Senate will disapprove and kick you off." Padme started to chatter some more. She walked back and forth, going on about how it would be a tragic ending if I continued to go on my missions.