Chapter 23: The Dark Side

Anakin hurried outside, quickly following behind him. He stared off into the far distance, looking at the twin suns. "You're gonna have to stay here," Anakin said, turning around to face me. "I'm going with you," I said firmly; he shook his head. "It's too dangerous. These are good people, y/n. You'll be safe." he said sadly. This time I shook my head. "Exactly, it's dangerous, and you won't be safe." I placed my hands on my waist, insisting he would agree.

"Don't make me repeat it. I cannot handle losing you." He said, stepping forward. He placed his hand on my cheek, caressing it. "Please, y/n. Wait for me here." He said desperately. He was crazy to think I was about to leave him alone, but he convinced me to stay. "Anakin," I said, taking him into a hug.

I looked up, still in his grasp. His lips inches away from mine. It was tempting to give in, but I couldn't, I pulled away. "I won't be long," Anakin said, walking towards a speeder. Getting on with no hesitation. He sped away into the distance.

I stood alone in my thoughts. I couldn't help but feel as if I made the wrong decision all over again. Footsteps approached behind me, catching me off guard. I pulled out my lightsaber to see Beru standing in front of it. "Oh, I'm so sorry, it's just he left and-" before I could finish, Beru smiled. "It's okay. I wanted to make sure you were fine." She said, placing a hand on my arm.

I smiled and nodded. "I'm fine, just worried, that's all," I say, looking back into the direction the speeder went. "You're worried about him?" she asked; I nodded. "I'm surprised you let him go off alone. If it were me, and of course a Jedi, I wouldn't let him be alone." She said; I hung my head.

She was right; I was so stupid just to let him leave. Who knows what he was capable of. "There's a speeder in the back," Beru said, patting my back before heading back towards the door. My eyes widen up. He won't be going alone, after all.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Quickly hurrying to the speeder, I sped as fast as it could. I followed his every step, which led me to many places, including the Jawas.

It was night time by the time I had finally caught up to him. He was leaning over the edge of a cliff. There was a small camp underneath it. It was the Tusken Raiders camp.

I quietly got off the speeder and slowly made my way closer to him, but before I could reach him, he had jumped off. Dammit, here we go to say hi to our neighbor.

There was growling and snarling coming from Raider's pets. This place was definitely creepy and smelly. I hid behind huts trying to find Anakin. Until I saw a small circular hole sliced with a lightsaber. I sighed, making my way towards it until I heard an awful scream.

I looked to my side to see a Tusken Raider; he lifted his weapon above his head, screaming. Then charged right after me. Quickly taking out my lightsaber, I sliced his weapon in half, making it unusable.

The Tusken didn't give up; he grabbed small knives from the inside of his pockets in swift moments. Throwing them fastly towards me. As best as I could to dodge them, one sliced the side of my cheek, making it bleed. I groaned in pain then charged at the Tusken, slicing his hand from his body, making him scream in pain.

I looked behind to see a group of Tuskens running towards me. "This is where the fun begins," I whispered to myself before I saw a blue light coming from behind them. They were being taken down at a rapid speed. Squinting, I found Anakin's face among the crowd. They were no longer running towards me. Instead, they were dead on the ground.

I looked up at Anakin's face, which seemed to be full of anger. "Anakin." I ran towards him, before taking him into a hug, screams filled the small camp again. This time the screams came from the children and women. I looked at Anakin, who was running towards them. "Anakin stop!" I yelled; I grabbed his arm, pulling him back.

"Let go y/n." He firmly said, looking into my face. His eyes were darkened; he seemed to have disappeared as if he was in a trance. He faced the women and children running away into the distance. "No, look at me," I said, grabbing onto him tightly. "They killed her! They could have killed you!" He shouted, still looking in their direction.

"But you saved me! You saved me!" his face quickly relaxed. He looked into my face, and tears began to form under his eyelids. He let his body fall on the sand; his face buried deep inside his palms. "I wasn't strong enough. Why couldn't I save her?" Anakin asked a muffled whimper escaped his lips which was soon followed by a single loud sob that filled the small camp.

By then, my eyes shifted to a couple of dead bodies piled together. I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from it. Was he capable of killing the women and children if I wasn't here? A croaked "Why-" was all I managed to say. "you wouldn't understand!" he snapped, panting with each breath he took. His whole body was shaking, the sobs were uncontrollably escaping his mouth.

"Help me understand!" I screamed back, diverting my eyes off the dead bodies and onto his.

At that, he stood up from the sand, fury in his eyes, and stormed towards me. "I will be the most powerful Jedi ever! I promise you. I will even learn to stop people from dying!" he assured, his eyes narrowing. "It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's jealous! He's holding me back!" He continued, furious.

Obi-Wan? I thought to myself, asking hundreds of questions as to why he would be jealous. He was a brilliant man, someone I look up to. There was silence, no more sobbing which seemed to draw me back into reality.

"I- I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. They're like animals, and I slaughter them like animals! I hate them!" His breath was heavy, his eyes red and puffy, and locked onto mine. It was heartbreaking to see him at his breaking point. Sure, I might have been disappointed, but the only thing I could concentrate on was his sobs.

I closed my eyes, taking him into a hug. My head leaning against his chest making it easy to hear his heartbeat. He then wrapped his arms around me, he pulled me more into his body tightening his grip. His sobs were muffled, he was silently crying onto my hair.

"To be angry is to be human. Let me help you." I calmly said. His breath seemed to be relaxing as well as his panting. "I'll always be here," I whispered making his arms tighten around me even more.

A/N: troubled Anakin :( always breaks my heart

Note: Chapter updated.