Chapter 44: The Sand of Tatooine

When we landed on the mountain, the ship we had seen from afar was a junk piece.

"What a piece of junk!" I shouted, scrunching my face at the peeling paint.

"Ahsoka, get aboard and prime the engines. Assuming it has engines." Anakin nervously laughed.

He kneeled, checking up on R2 before landing his eyes on mine. He stood tall before grinning widely. "Another great plan completed." I teased, playfully punching his shoulder. He grunted, making me roll my eyes.

He looked dangerously good in his blue and red suit. Our eyes locked once more; his gaze seemed to be more intense than it usually was. His tall frame hovered over him; intimidation crept in.

He huffed, amused; his eyes were no longer on mine, but roaming the parts of my body he could see. "What?" I asked, looking at my robe, interested in what he was looking for.

My breath hitched when his hand slightly grabbed my waist, tracing the material up to my chest. My pulse picked up, knowing Ahsoka could stare at any moment, though my feet were stuck in place.

His brown curly hair fell messily over his forehead. I felt myself biting my lip as the silence grew and the tension dragged on.

"Is there something on-" I began but was cut short. "Just be quiet." He laughed silently. He began to step forward, inching his face closer to mine.

"Blast her!" My head turned in the direction of the firearms. "Ahsoka!" I yelled, running to the droids. I whipped out my lightsaber, jumping on the shoulders of the droids, slashing their heads off. Until I noticed the caretaker's droid's head was on the ground.

"He was bad?" I asked. Ahsoka nodded, heading into the ship.

"Not so bad could be better." Anakin teased, getting aboard the ship. I pushed him slightly, making him almost trip.

We made our way to the front of the ship. As usual, Anakin was the pilot, while Ahsoka and I relaxed listening to Ani ramble about his piloting skills.

Expected, the piece of junk wasn't turning on. I grunted, knowing we were still stuck on this planet with Ventress lurking.

"Relax, R2, see if you can spark the ignition couplers." Ani order. To our surprise, the ship still wasn't turning on. "No, that's not it. Try opening the fuel lifters all the way."

R2 turned around, beginning to work, making the power turn on. Finally, to get off this planet was like winning the lottery ticket. "Good work, buddy!" I yelled as I redirected my view back to the window.

Anakin lifted the ship going back into the direction of the tower. Tons of republic ships were already on the scene. "Master Kenobi is here. Now we'll see some real fireworks!" Ahsoka cheered as she held Slimy into her hands.

"Excuse me? What do you call what I've been doing all day?" Anakin scoffed.

'"I don't know. The word "reckless" comes to mind." Ahsoka joked, making me laugh in an instance. I noticed Anakin eyeballing me from the side, causing me to shut up.

"Very funny, Snips. Back to work. The Troops still need our help. Charge the main guns." Anakin sighed, snapping us back to the battlefield.

"How are we going to help? Slimy is getting sicker and sicker." Ahsoka protested, clearly directing her words towards Anakin.

"But we promised Rex we'd help," Ani said, trying to negotiate with Ahsoka. Seemingly, it wasn't working. Ahsoka wasn't giving up; she was attached to Hutt more than I was, and I couldn't blame her. He was stinky but adorable and harmless.