Chapter 91: Jackar

Walking into the medical room was terrible. All around, the engineers of the Temple were either burned or seriously hurt.

"Did you guys find anything?" Ahsoka asked as she walked up the few steps.

"No, but the rumor about it being a Jedi is growing, Ahsoka. I can feel the anger and confusion throughout the Jedi Temple." Ani replied in a slight whisper so that the other injured couldn't get a whiff.

Ahsoka bit her lower lip, confused and hurt. "Russo and I have a lead. We are looking for one of the Temple workers, Jackar Bowmani." She commented, taking out the tablet she had in her hand. She laid it flat, pulling up a picture of the so-called Jackar. "One of the witnesses saw him in the area where the bomb exploded right before it happened, and we have not been able to find him anywhere." the droid added on.

I took the tablet from Ahsoka's hand, inspecting it. Furthermore, Jackar looked like a deformed lizard. "Come on. Nobody disappears." I chuckled. "Unless it was well planned out." the droid voiced. I turned the tablet off, no longer needing a use for it, and returned it to Ahsoka.

"Well, it had to be well planned out to get past the Jedi. we'll talk to security." Anakin seethed through his teeth. His hair flopped a bit over his forehead, man, did he look good when he was concentrated. I automatically smiled as I stared at his face, he quickly noticed, and I could have sworn I saw a bit of blush appear.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"No more clones. Stop the violence. End the war. Stop the violence." their shouts got louder as we approached the steps of the Temple. A protest, great; I'm sure this will be a good image for the Jedi.

"They're all family and friends?" Anakin questioned another Jedi who stood in front of the crowd. "Yes, they're looking for answers." He answered. I sighed; I could only imagine the confusion each one of the must-have. "So am I, Cin. This is the guy who might be behind all of this. If you see him, alert me immediately." Anakin pulled up the Holocron of Jackar.

But that's when a lady dressed in almost all purple shouted from the crowd catching all of our attention. "That is Jackar." She yelled in what almost seemed like an echo. Her finger pointed in the direction of the photo. Bingo. "You know this man?" I questioned in a slight shout.

"He is my husband. I've been trying to reach him since I heard of an explosion. Where is he?" She responded. Her shouts still echoing, she intertwined her fingers together almost as if she was begging for answers. "I need you to come with us," I shouted back, giving her a warm smile to ease the tension I knew she felt.

We all three walked along the column of the Temple, a place that felt like home but was no longer one for me. However, I felt pretty comfortable walking through the hallways and seeing the familiar faces I used to see almost every day.

"You have no idea where Jack is?" Letta asked once more. Her hat had come off, and her hair was a night black color that went all the way to her collar bone. In her hand was a black mug that held some fresh-squeezed lemonade in hopes of giving us the correct answers.

"No," Anakin answered, his head hung low. "You are a Jedi, and you cannot find him?" She pleaded; her eyes seemed to have tear ducts forming on the edges of her eyes. She sat back down and held her mug aggressively.

"I understand your frustration." Anakin sat down on the bench across from Letta. I could feel that he was just as confused as she was. "Don't. Just find Jackar." She insisted this time her answers weren't at all sugar-coated.

"Letta, do you think Jackar could have done something like this? Blow up the Temple?" I asked, kneeling so that I could be at eye level. I placed my hand onto her shoulder, giving her comfort, but seemingly, it didn't work at all. "Do you have any idea what someone has to go through to work in the Jedi Temple, hmmm?" Letta asked sarcastically, shoving my hand from her shoulder aggressively.

"Jackar dedicated his life to serving the Jedi. It had been his dream. Not just anyone can walk into your precious Temple. He passed all the entry tests that were needed." She seethed angrily, pointing fingers at each one of us. "Okay, I had to ask. Unfortunately, everyone's a suspect." I commented. I sat next to Letta once again, placing my hand behind her back, and this time she didn't shove it off.

"Jackar would never do anything like this. Please, find him." Letta looked straight into my eyes, begging with every inch of her body.

"I will," I replied.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Walking back into the hanger, a projection of the events that had happened played out. It was more terrible than I had expected. "Do you think whoever did this triggered a ship to explode?" I asked Ahsoka as Anakin, and I walked over all the broken pieces left from the ship. Walking over some metal, Anakin held out his hand, taking it as he helped me walk over the overly large piping.

"We think so. Russo's trying to use the shrapnel to determine that now. The witness says he saw Jackar in the area. Maybe Jackar planned to do this and just kept quiet." He followed Ahsoka's lead as she took us on a whole tour of the explosion as he played out in slow-mo.

"Hmmm, or..." Anakin whispered. "Or it was a Jedi." Ahsoka sighed, coming to realize the possibilities. I looked towards Anakin's face, whose eyelids were half-closed, he was down, and I could feel it. It seemed my senses of the force were much stronger than they have ever been.

"I found something, an anomaly... something that should not be here," Russo spoke out. He played the explosion once more, walking to a certain part of the projection were laid scrap pieces of large pipe. "These pieces come from the blast origin." Russo talked over as small white pins came from the pipes. "They are covered with microscopic droids of a highly volatile nature." He concluded. These microscopic droids were nano-droids. Why on earth would they be here?

"Those are nano-droids," I spoke up. "Yes," Russo confirmed. He turned off the projection as the lights of the hanger turned back on. "Great. Now we're chasing nano-droids" Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Russo, go through the security footage. Try to see if Jackar went to other parts of the Temple. Y/n, Ahsoka, let's go find out how Jackar got his hands on these nano-droids." Anakin sighed; I took Ani's arm once again, using his body to get over the piping once more. This dress was something I shouldn't be wearing in case of an investigation. I only wished I had my robes again.