Chapter 64: Reunion

When I arrived at the restaurant, Colvis had already been sitting at our table. I took a deep breath putting on my best act to see him. I only had eyes for one person, and that was Ani. So pretending to be interested in someone else is weird.

I approached the table, and immediately he stood up, pulling out the chair for me to sit in. "Thank you." I smiled, taking a seat. There was an awkward silence when the only chatter was from the people around us.

"It's been good to see you again, Clovis," I commented. I took a sip from my water, hoping it would relieve the tension. "It's good to see you again also." He replied. I placed my water back on the table, relaxing my shoulders. My mind ran to Anakin's face wishing it was him instead of Clovis.

"I didn't realize how lonely I was... until tonight," I mumbled. "Perhaps I can do more to ease your loneliness once I return from Cato Neimoidia," he answered. It knocked me straight out of my thoughts.

Clovis was a tall and muscular man. He had dark brown hair and a sharp jawline. Across his forehead were gold tattoos symbolizing his status with the society of Scipio. He had dark green eyes that when they peered into yours, it was hard to look away.

"Oh, you're taking a pleasure trip?" I asked. This was the beginning of getting to the bottom of all this mess. "Hardly. I'm going there to put the fear of Scipio in those overgrown Trade Federation grubs. You know how they are. They love to borrow money from the banking clan, but they hate to pay it back." He chuckled. His head leaned slightly further into my direction. Bingo, he was more interested than just sweet talk.

"Maybe you can say a few words on my behalf." I chuckled. I had to say; my acting skills were very much on point. "Padme is on the holonet with the Neimoidians every day, asking for trade concessions, but she can't seem to make any progress," I mumbled the last part softly.

"I've got an idea. Come with me to Cato Neimoidia. Speak to them in person. I have leverage from the Banking Clan. You have diplomatic contacts. We can help each other." Clovis stood up excitingly from his chair. He took the bottle of wine, pouring some into his empty cup as well as mine.

"Are you inviting me for political reasons, or... because you want us to be friends again?" I asked seductively. He sat back onto his chair, sipping from his glass cup. "Both, of course. Although I'm far more interested in your friendship than your politics," he replied; he winked, holding the cup in one hand before sipping from it again.

"In that case, I'll be happy to go with you. It'll be like... old times." I smiled. I didn't want to go back to old times; I loved where I was, especially with Ani.

"On the contrary, I hope it'll be much better than old times." he beamed. I coughed slightly to loosen the tension that I purposely built up. This was going to be a rather... exciting trip.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I quickly packed my bags, throwing in a few outfits and robes I knew I would need. Ani watched my every move though he hadn't said one word. Instead, he followed my lead up to the boarding docks where we waited for Clovis.

"Senator Clovis," I said as he walked up towards our bodies. "Y/n. You look exquisite," he responded. He hadn't noted that Anakin was standing right beside him. He wasn't dressed in his traditional robes; he was dressed in servant clothes. As for myself, I wore a dark purple dress that showed my entire back.

Clovis grabbed onto my waist, coming in for a small hug that ended up with his mouth on both sides of my cheeks, giving them a little peek. From his shoulder was Anakin's face peering into my eyes. His face was full of anger, so potent that a vein popped out from his forehead.