Chapter 57: Bounty

I walked to the command center, ready to be in the same room as Anakin. I knew deep inside he'll be annoying and stubborn the whole mission.

I sighed; I fixed my hair that was flowing in a slick ponytail. My outfit was the same as always; Jedi robes. I didn't wear much makeup; I never really had time to put on a full glam. Instead, I was busy killing droids.

I entered the command center seeing the hologram on the table had already started. Great, Anakin didn't tell me about it. I rolled my eyes walking standing on the other side of the table.

"Our base has been overrun. There's no possibility of evacuation. Aah! They've taken General Ropal and the Holocron memory crystal." A clone trooper shouted. He held his gun tightly as it shook into his hand. I placed my hand over my mouth as the blasters hit him on his shoulder.

"Do you know where they've taken him?" Anakin yelled. He slammed his fits against the table, making the objects shake. My eyes wandered to his face, surprised at how angry he was. No one knew the real reason, so they might have thought he was crazy.

"Sorry, sir. We tried to stop them, but they left the outpost." The troop replied. His voice was shaking, and his head was looking in every direction until a droid pulled him backward. He faded from the hologram, and the awkward silence started.

Anakin didn't dare look at my face; he wandered to all places in the room except me.

"We have to find out what ship Master Ropal is on." He directed. He walked towards the exit door once again, leaving me with the others.

It seemed like hours, but it was only a few minutes before he came in. His hair seemed a bit damp like he had washed his hair in the water. Only his clothes were dry, and he appeared to be in distress.

"General, a Separatist command ship is fleeing the battle." Admiral Yularen mentioned. I looked to the large window; the seppies were retreating.

"You think they have Master Ropal?" I asked. I was still looking out towards the ship as it entirely made its turn.

"I'm sure of it," Anakin replied. My heart skipped a beat hearing his voice. It was a simple reply, yes, but it meant a lot. Perhaps he was getting over the whole ordeal.

"Admiral, intercept them before they make a jump into hyperspace. I'll ready the troops up for boarding." Anakin directed. He placed his hands behind his back as Admiral Yularen frowned.

"Boarding? We have no aircraft. We prepared to land on the planet, not to board another ship. You can't be serious." The Admiral replied. He sounded annoyed and somewhat angry. He looked at Anakin like he was about to beat him, and I couldn't lie; I wanted to also.

"Well, you see, Admiral, Anakin has a way of being," I mumbled, thinking of the next word I should say. "Ah, he is a hardass," I added. The Admiral slightly laughed as Anakin's eyes shot straight into mine.

"Well, Admiral, I am serious. Thank you for your opinion, Master Amidala. Now target their hyperdrive. We don't want them getting away." Anakin scolded, his eyes never left mine. I felt the tension in the room, the tension between us.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Although we didn't have a ship to get on the seppies cruiser, Anakin's genius idea was to take some walkers instead. The bottom of the walkers had magnetic bases that would help us aboard. He had his moments, but he was always good at planning.

Anakin and I didn't take the same walker; he wanted to be on his own to have "time to plan." I didn't mind, but it did hurt.

Instead, I hopped on the walker with Commander Rex. He always seemed to be in a good mood, and a friend was all I needed right now, even though he knew nothing about the situation.