Chapter 20: Nightmares

I slammed the door shut behind me; a loud groan escaped my lips. I quickly walked over to the ledge overlooking the lake and mountains. It was past midnight, but I didn't care.

These past few minutes felt lonelier than usual. I leaned on the edge staring at the water for what seemed like hours. Overplaying the words Anakin had left. I was fully convinced this would tear us apart.

Having enough time for yourself allowed you to overthink a lot. Have I made the right choice?Suddenly there were screams from a distance. The sound of glass shattering made me panic. I felt his presence. He was angry but sad. I tried to overlook the shouts and pain coming from within him.

I let my body sit down on the cold ground. I closed my eyes, trying as hard as I could to blank everything out when everything became dark.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When I woke up, I will still outside on the cold ground. It was the break of dawn; clouds were surrounding the whole building. The water reflected a light pink, and the breeze was rather chilly.

I got up, stretching every muscle from the pain the ground has caused. I walked over to my long mirror, seeing myself for the first time today. I looked like a mess. My eyes looked puffy from all the tears I shed. I wore a white v-neck silky gown.

Ugh, this is disgusting. I made my way to my wardrobe when my stomach started to grumble from hunger. Debating between getting ready or getting a quick snack, I left in a hurry to catch a quick rum.

Heading out of my bedroom, I saw a tall figure standing between two arches. His posture was perfect. It was Anakin. I closed my eyes, remembering the night we had, and decided to head back into my room to avoid any conversations.

Before heading back, I heard his familiar voice stopping me in my tracks. "Don't go." I looked back to face his back, still facing me. "I don't wanna disturb you," I said back, hoping he'd let me leave. He took a deep breath, "Your presence is soothing." Anakin says, letting his breath out.

I had remembered the shouts and glass shattering from last night. Another nightmare? Or was there something more? "You had another nightmare last night," I say back, making his shoulders tense up. "Jedi don't have nightmares," Anakin firmly says, still not making eye contact.

Well, it sure seems like they do. "I heard you. I heard the shouts and the glass breaking. Anakin, let me help you." I said, making him sigh. "I saw my mother." His head hung down.

I quickly threw last night's moments out of my head. He was in pain, and he needed me more than ever. I walked over to him, grabbing his shoulder, turning him around to face me. "She's suffering, y/n. I saw her as clearly as I see you now," he mumbled.

He shoved his shoulders, making my hand fall back. He turned back around to face the pillars overlooking the lake. He placed his hands on his waist, taking a deep breath in.

"She's in pain," Anakin added before turning back in my direction. "Anak-" before I can begin, I was immediately cut off. "I know I'm disobeying my mandate to protect your sister, y/n, but I have to go." He began to slowly walk towards me, wiping away strands of hair from my face tucking them behind my ear. "I have to help her."

"I'll go with you," I say, making his eyes widen. He shook his head quickly, "What about Padme?" he asked, making me forget entirely about the situation at hand. "What about me?" Padme said, walking over to us. Her voice startled both Anakin and me.

"I overheard; I demand you both leave," Padme said, grabbing my shoulders and looking directly at Anakin. "Ani, you once said that it was hard to be away from the people you love. Well, I want you to go near them." Padme said.

I looked over to Anakin, who had a smile on his face. "Thank you, Padme." He quickly bowed. "I'll have the ships ready for take-off in an hour," Padme says, walking to the main doors and leaving to her room. Before she opened the door, she turned around a gave me a wink.

I angrily looked at her before my eyes landed on Anakin.  He was facing my direction; his smile still plastered on his face. His blonde hair was messily perfect. I couldn't keep myself from staring. He walked over, leaning against the wall and looking down at my face.

"I'm sorry about last night. It was really inappropriate of me. I shouldn't have made you choose." he said, and for the first time, I recognized a hint of honesty in his voice. "At least for right now." a small smirk formed on his face. Nevermind.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "That's your way to apologize?" I asked jokingly, an eyebrow raised."I'm not going to apologize for the way I feel," Anakin says, placing his hand under my chin. He forced my head to look directly at his. He leaned in, so his mouth was next to my ear. "Sooner or later, you won't be able to resist," he whispered, sending chills down my spine.

He backed away, taking his hand away from my chin and slowly heading towards his room.

Note: Chapter updated.