Chapter 106: Betrayal

"Take a deep breath," I reassured Clovis as we walked off the ship. We found ourselves in Scipio. Today was the day the power transfer would be lent onto Clovis's hand. He was excited, but he didn't let it seem noticeable.

It was chilly like usual. The snow piled over the mountains and fell off the buildings in small amounts occasionally.

We walked down the ship's railing walking towards the Banking Clan members.

"Welcome back to Scipio, Rush Clovis. Our Separatist government has great hope for you." Bec Lawise greeted. He was a Separatist senator, and I know not all of them are wicked like Count Dooku, but I couldn't help but disagree with what they stood for.

"Thank you, Senator." Clovis bowed down slightly.

"Only you and Senator Amidala will be allowed to monitor the exchange proceedings. No forces on either side will be allowed into the Neutral Zone." He added.

I looked around to find Separatist droids surrounding us; I followed the rules this time. My arms traveled to my waist, grabbing my lightsaber and holding it out to the guards.

"Ah, a lightsaber?" One of them asked in shock.

"You still keep it in hand?" Clovis asked, his brow raised in confusion.

"I find a lightsaber better in combat," I responded. I wasn't used to blasters, and I wasn't about to start.

"Huh, you're rather impressive, I say," Clovis replied. A soft smile found itself on my face.

"Senator Amidala, we will be right here if you should need us." I looked back to see my people, the clone troops I once went to war with, smiling at the fact that they still consider me family.

"Thank you, Commander," I replied.

We made our way to the tower's upper levels heading straight into the council room. I haven't been in this room for some time but now found myself exchanging power. The five council members stood themselves in the middle of the room, Their backs facing the door entrance, oldy postured.

"It is with great disappointment that I implement the following verdict. By decree of the Muun people, the five representatives standing before me are found guilty of embezzlement. They shall be improvised forthwith, and control of the banks shall transfer immediately to Rush Clovis under the guidance of the Muun government." The new Muun leader spoke out. He was the new face on the screens we once looked up to.

We watched the original five walk out of the room in handcuffs. Their faces filled with disgust as their shoulders passed ours. Clovis then stepped into the middle of the room, prepared for what was to come next.

"We are grateful to you, Clovis, for everything you have done for the Muun people." The leader spoke. A smile formed on my face; he deserved some happiness. Knowing everything from the past, he seemed to be the perfect fit for the job.

"To have lost the banks would have been a historic disaster." He concluded.

"I would like you to know I have no interest in controlling the banks. I am here to re-establish order." Clovis pleaded. All the council members applauded in enjoyment.

"Do you think our friend is up to the task?" Bec whispered into my ear. I paused for a mere moment, "There are a few men I have met in my career as a Jedi and now Senator who are more dedicated to a cause than Clovis. Once he decides what he is fighting for, little will stop him from achieving it." I answered back in a whisper.

"Let us hope you are right, for all our sakes," Bec replied. I nodded my head in agreement. I knew Clovis wouldn't go back to his old ways; he couldn't. He already made so much progress; it would be disheartening.