Chapter 112: Guidance by Two

"Breathe in," Obi-Wan whispered in a slight tone.

I inhaled, trying my best to keep my whole body in balance. Yet, there was still nothing. Instead, frustration filled my body; I had no idea why the force was so blocked. Had I done something wrong?

The meditation chamber was dark and cold that evening. Even with the slightest peak of the fun shining through the window blinds, your skin would shiver.

"And breathe out." Obi-Wan hushed.

Obi-Wan didn't know nor question who the father was but stayed supportive. He didn't outcast me as the others did. Perhaps it was because he felt terrible. Here I was, after all, a pregnant Senator who supposedly doesn't know how the father is.

If only he knew it was his dear padawan. I doubt he'd be here if he knew.

"I can't feel anything." I sighed, letting a deep breath out. My eyes opened to find Obi-Wan in his usual stance. Hand under his chin, feeling his beard. Standing tall, as if he knew every answer to every question.

I sometimes envied Obi-Wan. Maybe just as much as Anakin does.

Master Kenobi had everything on the tip of his finger. The rank of a Master and a place on the Jedi Council. It was anything a Jedi ever wanted, and he had it.

"Feeling worried?" He asked. His eyes squinted, and as if my nerves weren't already at exempt levels, it sure was now. Anytime Obi-wan could read my emotions, my heart would start to pound, and it was pounding.

"I'm just a little worried about the nightmares I have been having," I answered back. Had I made the right choice? Bringing Obi-Wan into my nightmares. The voices I heard last night have been on repeat ever since.

I noticed Anakin wasn't the same either, as if his dreams were taking the same effect.

"Nightmares?" He whispered himself, his hand still on his chin-stroking it. "How do these nightmares make you feel?" He asked.

I swallowed thickly, thinking of the correct answer. Should I be honest? Or lie?

"Uh," I coughed, clearing up my throat, "They make me feel afraid, like I should be doing something to stop what I fear will happen," I added.

"What do you fear will happen," Obi-Wan asked.

"Seeing the people I love die," I answered in a much-lowered voice. I knew saying anything about love would still be a disappointment to him. Attachments are evil, and I could see it in his eyes.

Obi-Wan's eyebrows raised slightly before his eyes narrowed in confusion. "Like?" He asked."Uhh, my sister Padme," I thought fast. Although it was true, it wasn't the answer I had at the top of my mind.

"You must be careful, Y/n." He began, his hand finally leaving his chin. "Fearing the future can be dangerous. The fear of loss can lead you to the dark side." He explained, and I nodded in response to his words.

I've heard it many times, but it always leaps over my thoughts. I couldn't help but feel that there was something more I could do to prevent these dreams from happening.

"I won't let these visions come true, Obi-Wan." I let out automatically. It felt like a pathetic cry for help.

"Death is a natural part of life. Those around you will rejoice in the force. Mourn them, you must not do. Or even miss them," He started again, "Attachment will lead to jealousy, which is a shadow of greed."

He sounded just like Master Yoda. Another generic response to help heal my dreams, and it wasn't helping the fear I still had.

But what did I expect? A warm hug and reassurance?

Yes, quite literally.

He already knew I was pregnant, so his words made no sense. How was I not supposed to have an attachment to my own child? Perhaps, this is why the force had abruptly shut me off. The attachment I had to the baby made it impossible to gain insight.

"What must I do, Master Kenobi?" I asked once more.

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." He concluded. He sat up from the rounded foam chairs we sat on.

But before he left, his eyes peered onto my body, "Congratulations on your expected." He added and left the room at once.

I was left alone in my own thoughts once again. I didn't get any clarification or guidance, but just a bundle of confusion.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"I hope you trust me, Y/n." The Chancellor acknowledged.

I made myself accustomed to his presence. With the deliberation that had just happened with Master Obi-Wan, asking the Chancellor for advice seemed like a good option.

We walked over to his large glass panel behind his desk, watching the buildings and ships below.

"Of course," I replied back, a light smile on my face. I had told The Chancellor about Obi-Wan's advice on the matter. He seemed to disagree with everything he had said as well.

"I will soon need your help, my dear," He said out of nowhere. My head snapped in his direction, my eyes landing on his. The Chancellor's face was filled with horridness as if, at any moment, something huge was about to happen.

It was random, but I knew it was vital if it were to be brought up in the middle of our conversation.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my head tilting.

"I am depending on you." He whispered in a tone I could be able to hear. His feet moved away from the glass and started making their way toward the couches in the middle of the room.

With a confused look on my face, I followed him.

"For what? I don't understand?"

"To be the eyes, ears, and voice of the Republic." he continued, taking a few steps down the stairs before halting. "Y/n, being Senator has a lot of advantages, but I also know being Jedi does as well."

I stopped in my tracks, even more confused than I had been with Obi-Wan.

"I'm sorry, Chancellor, but I am no longer a Jedi," I muttered, a huff escaping my lungs. Saying it out loud was always a mood killer.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a calm voice.

I didn't get to say anything before he continued.

"My dear, you have a great talent in politics, but most importantly, your talent in being a Jedi. But I know it was your choice to lead the Republic into greatness and become a Senator. Well, it runs in your family." He mouthed.

I had nothing to say at the moment. Being a Senator was far from what I ever wanted to be.

"However, I still see you carry your lightsabers in your belt every day. Why is that?" he asked.

"It's the only weapon I know by heart," I answered. My lightsabers were the only thing I had left of the Jedi. Keeping them nearby was a bittersweet reminder and a reminder of how I was the best in my class to handle two sabers at once.

His eyes darted towards mine, and a weak smile formed on his face. It was sort of creepy whenever he smiled.

"I understand, my dear." He articulated as his hand patted my shoulder.