Chapter 35: Caught

"No guard. No barricades. Huh." Anakin wondered as he walked up the long staircase leading to a building. The streets of Christophsis were silent. "You'd think the Separatist's headquarters would be better protected." Ani chuckled, stopping slowly at the front of two wide doors.

"Clearly, keeping us out is not what they intended," I said, making them place their hands below their chin. Using the force, I held my hand up, swaying it in one quick motion and opening the doors. Even on the inside, there was no sign of the dumb droids. The only sounds were the dust falling onto the metal ground. Without speaking a word, we made our way toward the elevator spectacle of our surroundings. The whole ride was pure silent.

Eventually, the doors opened to a large empty room. Chandeliers and windows were broken, and pieces of glass were splattered everywhere. "So this is the belly of the beast," Ani said, taking one step forward and examining the room in its entirety.

A woman wearing a black hood emerged from the shadows, slowly walking towards the room's center. She stopped halfway and stood feet away from us. The woman flipped her hood off confidently. She was tall and skinny and had dark red lipstick.

"Ventress." Obi-Wan seethed through his teeth. "And here I thought this mission would be unpleasant." Obi-Wan sarcasm only made Ventress roll her eyes.

"The pleasure's all mine, my dear Obi-Wan. I've missed you." Ventress said seductively. She slowly unhooked the button, letting her robes fall to the ground. She had a curvy figure, and in all, she was beautiful. Even Obi-Wan took his time observing her. I looked at Anakin's face to see if he was staring, but he was glaring at the ground. I smiled, knowing he wasn't looking.

Ventress placed her hands behind her back, pulling out two red sabers. Pretty cool but not good enough. I pulled out my saber, making Obi-Wan and Anakin pull out theirs. Ventress's eyes stared into mine; she smirked, then turned around and ran.

Following behind was Anakin; she stopped at the top of the stairs looking down directly at Ani. He pointed his saber directly in front of her forehead. "My loyal informant let me know you were coming," Ventress said, laughing slightly.

Obi-Wan climbed a few steps stopping behind Anakin, "Well, then, we thank you for your hospitality." Master Kenobi said, placing his hands on his hips.

"Let's just end this!" Anakin shouted, making a move toward Ventress. The sounds of lightsabers clashing against others and grunts were the only sounds in the entire building. Anakin seemed to handle himself well against Ventress. He dodged every move and quickly struck at any opportunity he had. It didn't last long; Ventress was talented, and I must admit, she was hard to defeat.

With her foot, she kicked Anakin down the flight of stairs landing on my feet. I kneeled, holding his head in my hands. "Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. "I'm fine," Anakin grunted, rubbing the side of his temples. "Is that all you Jedi got?" Ventress was still at the top of the stairs laughing as she paced between the small space she had.

The anger inside of me built up; I carefully placed Anakin's head back onto the ground. I stood up, taking my lightsaber from my belt as well as Anakin's from the ground. The ignition of both of them felt amazing. "Two can play," I shouted, making my way up the stairs.

Obi-Wan and I were both battling Ventress. She was great at deflecting and knew when to strike, but she never got a chance to hit anyone. Frustration kicked in, and Ventress used the force to pick up a large metal wall throwing it directly at Obi-Wan. Luckily, Obi-Wan was fortunate enough to slice the metal frame in half.

"Getting tired, Ventress?" I seethed, making her eyebrows scrunch inwards. She quickly pulled back, dashing up another flight of stairs before turning the corner. Still, Obi-Wan and I followed in her tracks. We were now in what seemed to be a small library.