Chapter 81: Saving the Togruta's

We waited and waited until finally, the comlink that Ani had given me began to beep. "That's our signal. Let's get going." I faced R2 before starting to press on every button that turned on this trash hole.

I placed the ship on the edge of the Queen's balcony, I had anticipated this was the spot I was supposed to come to, and I was right. Anakin carrying the Queen in his arms came crashing down onto the metal platform that the ship had extended.

"Y/n, Obi-Wan is held in Kadavo. Get us there now." Anakin insisted. I nodded my head racing back onto my seat and setting in the correct coordinates. The Queen looked miserable; she didn't seem as perfect as she once was. Her eye bags reached lengths, and the color of her skin was a pale gray. I brushed it off. However, Obi-Wan was my main priority at the moment, not a slaver.

Reaching Kadavo wasn't as miserable of a trip it usually goes. It took about a couple of minutes before landing on a vast factory-looking building. Oh great, we were officially in slave territory. I stood up from my chair, changing from the dress that was too tight for my body and changing back into my original Jedi robes. "This is more like it." I smiled at R2, who cheered.

"Now, let's go." I directed opening the door; Anakin had already stepped outside and was entirely making his way towards the entrance of the building. As quickly as he ran out was quick as the turrets of the building began to shoot. Our steps were inches away from the blaster shots, and our ship had been destroyed. "So much for our ride home." Ani joked, leaning his back against the entrance door.

"As usual," I said sarcastically. There wasn't one ship Anakin couldn't blow up. "But what now?" I added. We were still hiding from all the blaster shots, and leaning back on this door wasn't going to hold in much longer.

"We get through the old-fashioned way." He smirked, winking as he whipped out his lightsaber in one hand. He forced his blue saber into the metal wall, drawing a circle that will soon fall, giving us a way to enter.

"Anakin! I'm glad to see you, but I'm afraid our host feels otherwise." Obi-Wan's face appeared on the screen that would usually be dialed in to get entrance. His face was beaten and had scratches and burns in all areas. He was even wearing one of those electric neck cuffs I had worn. "Well, you can't make everyone happy, Master," Anakin replied. His jokes were not appropriate but were what I needed at the moment.

"They're threatening to kill the slaves unless you surrender." Master Kenobi insisted.

"It's good to see you're always ready to negotiate. But I've had enough bargaining with slave drivers." Ani scuffed.

"Anakin, you must realize, this is a fight you cannot win alone." Kenobi's voice was filled with frustration and rage. "Who said I was alone?" Anakin hinted in my direction. During our flight, we had called in for backup. Yup, a whole fleet of republic cruiser ships and even Master Plo alongside Ahsoka were on their way to help.

"I hope you told Master Plo not to destroy this facility before we get off of it." I ducked my head from the incoming dust that fell off the upper towers. They were blowing this place to pieces, and I couldn't be any more glad.

"Yeah, all of us and the slaves," Anakin added. He had finished up carving his perfect circle, stomping his foot harshly so that the door landed on the other side. We raced inside, and within a matter of seconds, three Zygerrian scums came racing in. However, they didn't last long. Anakin ignited his saber and quickly stabbed every single one of them without hesitation. Groans came from within the slaver's mouth as their body plummeted on the floor. A satisfied smile spread across Ani's face.

I didn't have time to question his new persona. I headed straight into the secluded area where the slaves were held up. Looking around this facility was dreadful; everything seemed so depressing. I turned a few corners noticing Anakin wasn't following in my footsteps, but I didn't care. My priority was the citizens.

I came to a large metal door that had a heavily secured system. Well, not for me, at least. With a quick press of a button and some advanced hacking, the door slid right open to have my eyes feasted upon terrified Togruta. "A Jedi!" One of them cried, all their eyes closed onto my body. They were surrounded by what seemed to be electric fencing on the walls. I quickly jumped onto the floor they were standing on. The platform beneath our feet was getting shorter and shorter and what was beneath was the ground feet below.

The way around this trap was to bring the cruiser right underneath the facility. That's if the Admiral could be able to hold the ship down enough to get the slaves safe on board and me.

The scraping of the cruiser against the floor made the slaves even more terrified. "Okay, everyone. Get ready. We'll have to go by groups." I smiled, hoping to ease the tension though it seemed impossible. The cable wires the clones dispersed hooked onto the edge of the floor, and now all we needed to do was slide down. Those who seemed fit were the first to go, fearless and ready. Though, those who seemed weaker were terrified.

One by one, they slid down the wire. Well, almost everyone. Some were too terrified and instead slipped off the edge of the platform, falling onto the ground. Luckily, clone troopers had jetpacks to catch those who didn't make it safely onto the wire. 

"That's everyone. We have to go. The facility's breaking up." A clone demanded. He was right; the facility by now was full of smoke and seemed to be on its last foot. I nodded in a reply. We quickly ran onto the small ship, one that had my husband in it.

"Well, it's nice to see you again, Master Amidala." Anakin joked, making me roll my eyes. And in that instance, the facility was now blown to bits destroying everything that was inside. And that made me happy.