Chapter 102: On the Run

"Anakin, please trust me," I whispered under my breath. I scooped my surroundings quickly, making out any face nearby. "I can't leave without the files Clovis and I took from the vault," I added. I hoped that maybe he reached a point where he could think about the seriousness of the situation instead of making out every bad thing about Clovis.

"Where do you suggest we look?" Anakin sighed, peering over the right side of his shoulder and looking in my direction.

We were walking in the direction of his ship, which surprisingly hadn't been destroyed... yet.

I took a brief moment of silence, wondering where the files might be when my head only went to one place.

"The discs may be outside the city at Clovis' private residence." I lowered my voice at the last part. The intensity in Anakin's body picked up once more, but quickly he relaxed. "Fine," he mumbled.

"I'll do this for you, not for Clovis."

His right hand found itself back onto my lower back. It brought me comfort that I was so used to. "R2," he began lifting his left arm towards his mouth. The droid voiced back; he was seen in the far distance, next to the entrance of his ship. "Have the ship ready in case I need you," Anakin added. He guided us into a small carrier we would use to fly ourselves to Clovis' residence.

I grabbed the bars onto the side of the carrier, seeing Anakin place himself in the very front. He, of course, made himself helpful in driving. I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty knowing precisely the direction to head into.

We drove a few, passing the many mountains that lead to his residence.

"Over there," I pointed in the far distance.

Clovis seemed to be like he wasn't home. His ship wasn't outside, and the way his residence looked, it seemed pretty empty. I only hoped the drive was somewhere located inside.

Anakin boarded our small shuttle quickly as I saw his eyes peer around. The annoyance in his attitude was more significant than ever.

We walked side by side until we arrived at the front entrance. The doors easily slid up, and we stepped inside. It was as comfortable as the first time I ever went inside. It was cold and not in the slightest way cozy. It was dark, and the outside light didn't do any good for the inside.

"Cozy place." Anakin scoffed. His hands folded themselves as my eyes always pondered the entire living room area. The chairs and decorations of the place have been trampled with. It was a colossal disaster.

"Someone was looking for the files." I sighed. The situation couldn't get even better. Without the files, all of this was for nothing.

"They must know Clovis had them." I shook my head in denial. I walked to the left side of the room, making my way towards the couches I had sat on a couple of days ago.

"Well, maybe they found what they were looking for, and that's why he's missing," Anakin replied.