Chapter 33: Victory

Anakin turned the ship around, marking the map to steer to Trench's cruise ship. "Prepare to decloak on command. Prep torpedo tubes one through four. Fix range on Trench's command ship." Anakin said, fidgeting around some more with the buttons in front of him.

"I thought we were on a relief trip?" Spark whispered. "You learn pretty quickly; when you serve under General Skywalker and General Amidala, you're always on the offensive. Now get ready to cycle those shields." Blackout said confidently. I looked to the back of the ship to confused soldiers. I sighed, knowing once we got back to Obi-Wan, we were never going to hear the end of it.

"You realize our torpedos may not be enough." Admiral Yularen said, taking a few fine papers from the dashboard to fan himself. Maybe it won't be enough, but I know better never to underestimate Anakin's plan.

"We want Trench to think about us, Admiral. It will help the people on the surface." I said calmly. Anakin looked back around with a wide smile. Let's hope his plan works.

"It's time to introduce ourselves," Anakin said towards the intercom.

The turbochargers were now activated and ready to go.

"Ready the torpedos and lock onto the primary target," I yelled to Spark and Blackout, who were in the back of the ship. "Oh, and also disengage the cloaking device!" I added, making both the troops nod.

The sheath ship was no longer hiding; we were entirely open. I knew at any moment, blasters and bombs would creep their way toward us. Or maybe we would get lucky and still hide in the shadows.

"Fire!" Anakin shouted. Soon four torpedoes shot at rapid rates making their way to Trench's ship. Sadly, the ship had activated its shields, and damage was not done. "Well, that did little good!" an angry Admiral yelled. Anakin looked back, almost rolling his eyes.

"Recloaking in nine, eight, seven, six.." Anakin yelled once more, but in the distance were Trench's torpedoes on the way to damage the ship. "Prep, the flares," I said nervously as each second passed.

"It's too late, y/n!" Admiral yelled, making my nerves spike." Launch the flares!" Anakin shouted. Four flares from the side of the ship made their way out. "Cloak now!" I yelled, even more nervous than ever. The ship became invisible again as the torpedoes exploded on the flares.

Though it seemed like the end, Trench shot a group of lasers in our direction. Anakin navigated the ship spinning in many directions. I had to admit; all this flying was making me nauseous.

When he finally balanced the ship, almost everyone except Anakin had green on their faces. His face was full of excitement and cockiness. He stared back at the group, smirking as he locked his eyes on mine.

"Now that they know we are here, what's your plan?" Admiral Yularen said, rubbing the side of his temples. "I'll think of something, Admiral. In the meantime, I've got Trench right where I want him, thinking about us." Anakin said, rubbing his chin thoroughly in his thoughts.

"General Amidala, there's a transmission on the available frequency. It's the enemy." Spark said as he came running to my shoulder. My eyes widen at the information nodding in acceptance. "Put it through, Anakin," I said, making him shake his head.

On the intercom appeared Admiral Trench. Trench looked like a fat spider, with one mechanical arm and eye. "Hello, ugly," Anakin said, squirming his face in his neck.

"I am Admiral Trench. If you are listening, Jedi, you've made a bold move and a grave mistake. I appreciate your decision to face me ship-to-ship to play this little game." Trench said, chirping between each sentence.

"It's been so long since I had a worthy opponent. You have an impressive new vessel, but I warn you, I have dealt with its find before. Your technology will not save you, and your friends on the planet below shall perish due to your failure. The people of Christophsis and her resource shall join the Separatist Alliance. Turn back now. Retreat while you can, for I am your doom." Trench said, waving his arms crazily, finally ending his speech.