Chapter 54: See You Again

"I'm so sorry." Ahsoka kneeled. Her skin had become chipped as her under eyes became darker than ever.

My mind raced to Anakin. How he would react, I knew he wasn't going to handle the news well. There might not even be a cure on time to take.

I took off my helmet, having no use for it.

"Don't blame yourself. These things tend to happen in a war zone." I weakly smiled.

She moved closer, standing a few inches away before she stopped. Her hand found itself on my shoulder, smiling at me. However, that smile quickly faded away as her body slowly dropped to the ground.

"Ahsoka!" I yelled, grabbing her waist and bringing her slowly down.

"I'm alright." She said, panting as she tried catching her breath. I held my head towards her forehead, feeling the hotness coming from it.

"We need to tell Anakin, now." Ahsoka coughed. I nodded in agreement; he must know. Ahsoka held a small disk calling Anakin in an instance.

"Master, can you hear me?" Ahsoka asked as Ani's face appeared. He seemed to be on some ship."R2, amplify the signal," Anakin yelled.

Ahsoka held on to my shoulders as tightly as she could as her eyes started to close slowly. Her legs were weak, and I imagined this would also happen to me soon.

"Destroyed all the battle droids inside the compound, Master. Naboo is safe from further contamination. I repeat, Naboo is safe." Ahsoka's words were more distanced apart.

My eyes latched onto Anakin's as his eyes widened up. I knew just by his facial expression that he had figured out what was wrong.

"Just promise me that no one will ever open this bunker." My voice became weaker. A knot formed in my throat as I tried my hardest to hold back my tears.

His brows furrowed as his pupils became larger.

"Good-bye, Anakin I-" The itch in my throat made me cough. I felt my skin become drier and noticed that it had become cracked. I opened my eyes to see the call had ended. "I love you," I whispered to myself as I let one tear fall down to my cheeks. I quickly wiped it away, hiding it from the rest.

Ahsoka gasped for air as she coughed harshly. I still wasn't quite sure what was going on or how it would end—my heartfelt crushed. I felt the ring that was dangling from my neck. I felt the edges, wishing it turned out a different way.

"Are you okay?" Rex asked. I quickly placed the ring back underneath my shirt, hoping he didn't see anything. "I could be better," I replied.

Rex sat next to me, leaning on the back of a counter. His eyes seemed so dark, and his skin was poorly chipped. "Let me get something for your head." I smiled, walking to a nearby drain. I took a small towel dipping it with as much water it could hold.

Every single person seemed to be getting worse by the moment, except Jar Jar, of course. The only sound anyone could hear were the terrible coughs and grunts.

"Here," I said as I placed the towel on Rex's head. He smiled in appreciation.

"Ahsoka!" A trooper yelled as he caught her by the waist. Her eyes were completely shut as her body became stiff as rock.

I limped, walking in her direction. "Ahsoka." I spaced out her name as my eyes started to become hazy. I landed on the ground, and everything around became pitch dark.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

As I opened my eyes, I noticed I was outside. The sun setting in my eyes made me squint. I laid on a medical bed being carried by two droids. To my side was Ahsoka lying down as well.

My eyes wandered as I heard footsteps approaching my body.

"Y/n." Anakin's face appeared as he laid his eyes onto mine.

"I spoke with the medical droid. He expects you to make a full recovery." He said as he walked backward, keeping up with the droids.

"I never lost faith in you." I smiled weakly. I knew my face probably looked busted, but I was happy to see him once again.

"Oh, that's good to hear, 'cause there were a few moments where we weren't so sure ourselves." The sides of his mouth curved upwards. I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

"Well, you did make it. By the way, your Padawan was brilliant. I trust I'll see you soon, General Skywalker?" I asked softly.

Anakin grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. "Of course, my lady," Ani said as he smirked.