Chapter 14: Cambylictus

The sunset lowered over the horizon of the country lake. Naboo at night was always my favorite. There was a calming presence that would surround everything. Although it wasn't exactly at home, I was near it.

I always heard the lake even if I was far, that was the magic of Naboo.

We all had our rooms, I happened to have a ledge that would overlook the lake. I placed my elbows on the edge and tilted my head looking at the stars above me. The breeze was chilly, but not cold enough to make you shiver.

This is exactly where I wanted to be. Away from the city, and isolated from the rest. I closed my eyes connecting to the force once again. There were images of younglings running around the temple yard. Yoda, Windu... Plo. Everything was great until the skies got cloudy and rain started to pour down hard.

Screaming began to fill the yard, lightsabers from every direction being ignited. Echos from every direction screaming. 

Run. Run. Run. 

The echoes intensely get louder each second.

My eyes snapped wide up, I looked down to see my lightsaber was ignited in my hand. I looked around to see if anyone had seen what had happened. I felt a bit of sweat start to form across my forehead. I placed my lightsaber back in my belt and grabbed my robe from the hanger and made my way to the outdoors.

The visions I had while connecting to the force were haunting. I didn't fully comprehend what was happening or why. As I closed my door, I saw Anakin sitting on one of the benches overlooking the lake. I approached him wondering why he was up late.

"Ani?" I ask standing behind him. He turned around looking over his shoulder. He smiled and patted the seat next to him. "The night here is so... peaceful," he says. I sat next to him following his gaze to see he was staring at a Cambylictus tree. The Cambylictus was a giant species of tree whose roots only grow in water. They have healing capabilities that Ewoks and Gungans use.

"The Cambylictus brings a great amount of positive energy to those around them," I say, he looked to his side and chuckled. "I don't think a tree can do that as much as you do," he says calmly looking back at the lake. His posture was relaxed, as well as his facial features.

The blonde just sat there, watching the lake slowly move with the wind; lost in his thoughts. "Why do you do that?" I asked without thinking much of what I truly meant. He furrowed his brows and tilted his head. "Do what?" he asks. "Why do you say those things to me?" I ask, his brows still furrowed and confused. "You say things you shouldn't say. I don't know how to feel about them every time you say it." I clarified, my eyebrows raised as he got up from his spot.

He huffed, pacing back and forth between the small area that was in front of us, and then casually leaning against the edge of the ledge. "Come here." his voice was calm. His blue eyes looked at me. Without hesitation, I got up from the bench and stood in front of him.

He broke our eye contact and looked up and down my body before his eyes landed on my face again. "You look beautiful." He smiled weakly and moved a piece of hair behind my ear. Within seconds, he takes my hands moving my body closer to his.

"I say those things because I mean them. I have thought about you every day since I last saw you. Not a day has gone by that I haven't. When I saw you that night on Padme's ship, I didn't know someone could look so beautiful. Y/n, you've been in my every dream tormenting me." Anakin says letting go of my hands, now placing one against my cheek.

My body froze in place, I felt the pit in my stomach forming once again. His face inched closer to mine as our eyes gazed at each other. Our breaths became heavier with every inch. God, he looked good. I closed my eyes bracing to find his lips on mine, but before I did the echo screamed once again.

My eyes opened wide, startled, I pushed Anakin away. His face was confused and hurt. "I- I need to go to my room." I say and quickly walked away before he got the chance to say anything. "y/n!" Anakin yelled in the distance. I decided to shut it out going straight into my room.

I closed the door behind me placing my hands on my face. What is happening? I leaned my back against the door letting myself drop to the ground. My heart felt like there was a hole in it. A tear dropped from my eye, I wish the dreams would go away. "Y/n?" I heard Anakin from the other side of the door followed by a small knock.

"I know you're not okay. Let me in," he says again, once again followed by a knock. I knew he wasn't going to give up. I wiped the tears away the best I could and slowly got up straightening out my gown.

I opened the door to face Anakin once again. Without saying a word, he placed me into a hug closing the door behind us. My face was buried into his chest, tears forming once again on the edge of my eyes. He placed his hands on my chin tilting my head upwards to face his. He wiped the tears with his thumbs that have formed on my cheeks.

"Don't be afraid," he whispers, sending chills down my spine. "I'll always be here," he added softly, smiling. Whether it was the closeness between us or the way his lips moved against each other; I couldn't ignore the pit in my stomach that had formed.

And for the first time, It felt right to be in his arms. I was focused on only him and I enjoyed it.

"Get some rest," Anakin says, still holding onto my chin with his hands. I nodded, mumbling an "okay," making him smile. He kissed my forehead and left his hands free from my chin.

He grabbed my hand and walked towards the bed. He moved the bedsheets and fluffed up the pillows. He patted the bed once he was done indicating it was finally good to lay down.

Anakin placed the blankets over me and then turned the bedside candle off. The room was dark with only the moon shining through the curtains. "Goodnight, y/n. Sweet dreams," he says kissing my forehead once again. "Anakin," I say grabbing his hand. He raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer. "Lay down with me," I said with a small smile.

His presence was comforting. The blonde nodded his head and made his way to the other side of the bed. Laying his head on the pillow beside me. I looked at him staring once more into his blue eyes. "Thank you," I said my eyelids getting heavier every second.

"Anything for you." Those were the last words I heard before I drifted off to sleep.

Note: Chapter updated.