Efreet

"Again!"

Gray groaned and summoned his ice again.

"You're not doing it right."

"How the hell do you want me to do it then?"

"You have to channel the water around you, particularly the water on your enemy. It's an ice spell, but you need water for it to work."

"What's wrong, ice stripper? Can't do a spell?"

"You're one to talk!"

"Actually I can do two new spells."

Gray glared at the fire wizard and turned back to Emi.

"Let me try again."

"Remember, using the sweat from your opponent can help form the chains. Don't let that opportunity pass. As soon as you see them start to sweat, cast your spell."

Gray and Emi took their stances again, and the ice wizard tried to cast the spell. He screamed when it didn't work.

"It's no use! You're not even sweating!"

"Alright. Let's take a break for now. Natsu, are you ready?"

"Hell yeah! I wanna use my newer spell."

Natsu grinned as he and Emi stared each other down.

"Tidal Wave!"

Natsu jumped out of the way and put his hands on the ground.

"Smoke Zone!"

Dust and ash began to spin around him before it shot out in different directions, causing a thick fog of hot smoke.

"Hey, watch it pyro! You're burning me."

"Well then back up," Natsu sassed.

The smoke continued to thicken, and eventually nobody could see what was going on. Gray started coughing and kneeled on the ground. Emi made her way through the smoke and used her Dispel, causing the smoke to shoot upwards and disappear.

"That was great!"

"Why," Gray choked out as he coughed, "why weren't you affected? I could hardly breathe."

"It doesn't affect fire and poison mages."

Natsu started to laugh maniacally when he saw Gray struggling.

"I beat you this time, Popsicle."

"We weren't even fighting! You wanna go, fire freak?"

"I'd love to see your try, ice queen."

"Fine. But you're gonna--"

"Enough."

Gray and Natsu paled under Emi's stare and stood up straight, facing away from each other.

"Damn Em," Sting laughed when he appeared, "I haven't seen that look in a while."

"I think she gives Erza a competition," Lucy commented.

Emi rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

"Would you like to be next?"

Lucy was the next one to pale as she waved her hands in front of her face.

"Of course not! I'm perfectly fine!"

Sting cracked his knuckles and stepped further into the field. He silently challenged Emi, and they both got into a fighting stance.

"No way," Makarov interrupted. "You two are not fighting again. You almost set the whole forest on fire last time."

"Aw come on, Makarov. Just this time. From one guildmaster to another?"