A Fairy Tail Wizard

After sleeping it off, Emi had seemed to recover from the incident from yesterday. Laxus and Emi ended up staying in an inn for the night in Magnolia instead of rushing to catch the last train. Emi was getting dressed in the room when Laxus came in from taking a shower in the bathroom. He saw that Emi was looking at her back in the mirror again. On Emi's back, five scars were present, all resembling whip marks. Emi saw Laxus looking and turned to him.

"This is one thing I don't want to remember. Seems like it shouldn't be remembered at all."

Laxus hummed as he made his way over to his shirt that was on the bed and put it on.

"Are we going back to Fairy Tail?"

Laxus thought for a moment before deciding to ask her about the offer Makarov made: "About that...the old man said--"

"Good morning, Emi! If you need a place to cook you can come to my place and use my kitchen! I made sure to buy extra fish."

Laxus looked at Natsu hovering outside the window with the help of Happy and sent a bolt of lightning at the dragon slayer, causing him to crash into the ground. Natsu could be heard shouting at Laxus from the road below them. Emi rushed down to Natsu and checked to make sure he wasn't too injured. Natsu jumped right up and started to drag her back to his apartment before she planted her feet into the ground.

"Actually Natsu, I don't really feel like cooking this morning. I'm still recovering from yesterday," Emi apologized, trying to hint to the private conversation they had had in the alleyway, "but I would be more than happy to treat you to breakfast from somewhere in Magnolia!"

Natsu grinned and grabbed Happy before dragging her to his favorite restaurant in Magnolia.

"You'll love this one. It has the best fish."

"Aye sir!"

Emi turned around and called Laxus to follow them, which the mage reluctantly did.

----------------------------

"Hey Natsu, do all dragon slayers have a good sense of smell? You were able to detect the pie from across town, and Gajeel could find Wendy when she was behind the bar. Laxus doesn't use his nose much," Emi asked, making sure to tease Laxus at the same time.

"Oh yeah! Dragon slayers have heightened senses. We're able to track scents of all kinds."

"I could smell ya, duh."

"Do either of you know any other dragon slayers that aren't in Fairy Tail?"

"Well there's that Cobra guy from the Oracion Seis, but that's about all I know."

Laxus decided to speak up, "Why are you so interested in dragon slayers all of a sudden?"

Emi quickly covered her tracks by explaining, "Well when we went to the library Levy and I found this cool book about dragons and I wanted to know how dragon slayers were. I know a bit from what you've told me and I've learned more from talking to Fairy Tail and I wanted to know more."

-----------------------------

"We're here!"

Natsu barged through the doors to the guild, loudly announcing his presence. He walked over to Team Natsu and started to convince them that he had the best meal before he arrived. Laxus and Emi made their way over to the bar where Master Makarov was sitting.

"Master Grampa! It's very nice to see you this morning."

"Please child, 'Gramps' is fine."

Makarov looked towards his grandson and gave a questioning look towards him, silently asking if he had asked her yet. Laxus shook his head and mouthed "Natsu" to the master. Makarov rolled his eyes and glared at Natsu's back as he continued to ramble about his breakfast. Makarov turned to Emi, ready to ask her himself.