Smite

"Wow Laxus, you're popular."

The lightning wizard rolled his eyes at Natsu's carefree remark and studied the Sin. He stood there, looking close to the point of foaming at the mouth. Laxus raised his eyebrow at the Sin, standing patiently for the next move. Wrath lunged at him, his nails growing into claws. He sliced at the mage. Laxus cursed when he felt blood dripping down his arm. He went to cast his Roar, but it wouldn't work. He looked around confused before trying his Lightning Dragon Breakdown Fist, but that wouldn't work either.

"What the hell?"

"I use dispel and deflection magic. What did you expect? My claws drip with poison that saps the magic abilities of whoever is pierced by them. Now be a good little human and die. No matter what you do, demons will always be stronger than humans."

Laxus groaned, complaining about how superior demons thought they were. He cracked his knuckles, his mouth twitching up.

"My plan was to fight you with my fists anyway."

Sloth looked at Emi from a distance. Sting had made his way back over to her and stood behind her with his hands on her shoulders. They looked at the Sin in silence, the three of them studying each other. Sloth smirked and started cackling.

"Do you humans really think you can beat us? How pathetic."

"We seem to be doing a pretty good job on you, don't ya think?"

"You haven't even seen the beginning."

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!"

Natsu moved so fast that all anyone could see was a flash of red as his fist made contact with Sloth's face. Sting smiled wide and excitedly cheered as he watched his idol attack the Sin. Emi rolled her eyes and smacked his arm to make him focus again. Natsu stepped back from Sloth and stood on the other side of Emi. Sloth growled and stood up again.

"You're all asking for it. Even if you defeat me, you'll stand no chance against our leader."

"I think I'll take that chance," Natsu stated, "because I also made a promise. A promise to protect my friend from her sadness. A promise of happiness and friendship. And I never go back on my promises. So you can throw whatever you want at us, but I'm not letting you hurt the people I care about. You're both getting annihilated today."

"Natsu..."

The dragon slayer turned to Emi with a wide grin. Tears started to form in her eyes, but she was quickly forced back into seriousness when she heard Laxus. She quickly turned to see him bleeding as he fought Wrath fist to fist. A small gasp left her lips when she saw the claw marks on his arm.

"I have to go. You two hold him off until I get back."

Emi rushed over to Laxus and Wrath, activating her Demonic Force Manipulation and calling the blue flames to shoot out from her palms. They hit Wrath just as he was about to land a fire attack of his own on Laxus. A streak of blue could be seen from the rest of the group as they stood back.

"She's activated it then," Mavis started. "I guess the fight has only begun."

"What do you mean, First Master?" Makarov inquired.

"It seems they were all testing each other out. Now they are fighting seriously."

Emi landed next to Laxus and grabbed his arm. She steadied him, encasing his arm with water.

"Sanatio Aqua."

The claw marks faded, and a purple liquid leaked from the wounds as they disappeared.