Gildarts Enters

Everyone in Fairy Tail was buzzing with excitement. The news spread quickly that Gildarts was returning from his quest. Natsu couldn't contain his eagerness to fight that he started to pick a fight with Gray. This, naturally, led to a full out brawl in the guildhall. Everyone was silenced by the sound of footsteps coming towards the guild. The guild doors opened, revealing Gildarts standing with his bag slung over his shoulder. Natsu immediately asked him to fight and Natsu just as quickly ended up in the ceiling across the guild.

After prying his friend from the ceiling, Happy flew Natsu back down to Gildarts.

"You'll never guess what happened!"

Gildarts looked to him before saying, "Look kid, it's been a long day and I really think I just need to re--"

"We found Laxus!"

"Oh really? Where has he been hiding for these three years?" Gildarts asked as he ordered his usual drink at the bar.

"And he has a girlfriend!"

Upon hearing this, the S-class wizard spit out his drink. He looked at Makarov to confirm, which earned him a simple nod from the master.

"Well, well. Never thought that would happen. Say, have you actually seen this girl?"

Lucy spoke up, "We've met her a couple times now."

Levy continued, "Yeah she's super nice and pretty."

"She's the best cook ever!"

"Aye sir!"

Gildarts continue to listen to his guildmates and their stories about the woman before getting up and clapping his hands together.

"Alright," Gildarts said, drawing attention to himself, "I'm heading over to see this woman. I'm very intrigued to see a non-mage interact with the man who called his fellow wizards weak."

"Gildarts," Makarove started, "Laxus has gone through a lot of changes since leaving Fairy Tail. I was even surprised."

"I'll keep that in mind when I start annoying him."

"Take me with you! I want to see Emi!"

"You just want her food," Lucy scolded.

"Sorry everyone, but I'll be heading over there alone."

---------------------

Emi looked out her window, watching the birds that had landed on top of a tree near the clearing. She was taking a break from the reading that she had done for three hours when she heard a knock on the door. Emi, expecting that it was either Laxus or Fairy Tail again, quickly made her way down to the front door. When she opened the door, a familiar face appeared. Emi immediately became nervous.

"Um, hi Ian. What brings you out here?"

"Well I was lost in the woods when I picked up on this amazing aroma. I followed it right to your door. And it seems that it was you all along. A beautiful scent from a beautiful woman."

Emi couldn't help but blush at the compliment. However, she was suspicious as to why Ian would be at her door, especially knowing that he was from a dark guild.

"Say, is that man you were with at the gardens here? Laxus Dreyar, was it?"

"Oh, um, no. He went out for a little bit. He should be back by tonight though...if you want to come back."

"Now I wouldn't want to waste a trip! So I'll just take you with me and wait for him to come to me."

Ian quickly threw Emi over his shoulder and started running into the woods. Emi started to scream, but her mouth was covered by Ian's gloved hand. Suddenly, the ground started to shake. Trees were being destroyed and cut into pieces. Emi heard a soft chuckle from an unknown person.

Gildarts had appeared in front of Ian, confidently starting to say before faltering, "So, I see that some little garden snake decided to try to bite the...bigger snake?"

"Sir, that doesn't make any sense," Emi squeaked from over Ian's shoulder. Her face was facing behind Ian, so she couldn't see who she was talking to.

"Don't worry, little lady. You're with Laxus right? I bet he wouldn't want to make you wait any longer for someone to beat this guy's ass."

"I'd love to see you try, big guy."

Suddenly, a huge snake was sent towards Gildarts, slithering at top speed. Gildarts simply put his hand up in the direction of the snake, making the creature break into pieces. Emi could only see the pieces of the snake as it blew past Ian. She could sense the overwhelming magical power that was radiating off this figure.

Gildarts quickly defeated Ian. He took Emi and helped her get up before starting to walk through the forest.

"You live in these woods?"

Emi looked at him before nodding her head hesitantly. She thanked him for saving her, which caused Gildarts to start laughing.

"Hell, I wouldn't want to be the guy to let someone steal a woman from Laxus Dreyar. Things would get very ugly fairly quickly."

Emi smiled, replying with, "Yeah. He does have a temper on him at times."

"At times?" Gildarts continued to laugh. "Try every day of the week."

"Do you know Laxus closely?"

"I'm a Fairy Tail wizard. We go way back. I'm Gildarts, but I'm sure you've heard of me."

Emi stopped walking and looked up at the man in shock before Gildarts nodded towards her, assuring her that he was telling the truth.

"I've read about you in books! This is so cool! I finally got to meet someone who could totally kick Laxus's ass!"

"Books? Didn't know I was that much of a stud."

Gildarts' laugh could probably be heard from the other side of the forest. It's been a long time since I knew someone who wanted Laxus beat up. Pretty surprising that it's his own girlfriend though.

"Tell you what," Gildarts promised, "I'll make sure to fight him when I see him next."

Emi's head was spinning. She couldn't control her excitement. She grabbed his hand and started to run back to the clearing, dragging Gildarts along with her. She hurriedly ushered him in the house.

"He'll be back any minute. Please wait for him."

-----------------------------

"I gotta say, that girl is quite impressive."

Everyone at the guild looked towards Gildarts. They all asked him what had happened and everyone gasped when they heard that Emi was almost kidnapped by Snake Fang.

"I told that boy that she was in danger and he didn't listen to me!"

"Don't worry, master, I already beat him for you."

Everyone let out a "what?!" before Gildrats explained that Emi wanted him to challenge Laxus to a match.

"She was actually cheering for me to kick his ass instead of rooting for him. It was quite a sight watching her smile and laugh as her boyfriend laid doubled over."

---------------------

"You could have at least pretended to be concerned."

"I was concerned."

"Because cheering for someone who beat me is showing so much concern."

"Oh come on, that was the Gildarts of Fairy Tail!"

"Yeah, I know. I was in Fairy Tail."

"He's so cool!" Emi had stars in her eyes as she continued, "Look! He even signed my book!"

Emi quickly pushed the autographed book cover in the lightning mage's face, earning a groan from the injured wizard.

"You'll be fine. You'll just be uncomfortable for a little while and then you'll feel all better!"

"You have obviously not fought powerful people. And you certainly haven't fought Gildarts before."