Sick

A/N: Hey guys, so this ended up being a very short chapter.

***********************************************************************************************

"Gildarts left a note for you, Master."

Makarov read the note, stating that Gildarts was resigning from being Fairy Tail's newest master. He also appointed Makarov to return as the master, ending his retirement plans. However, his last note struck home with Makarov.

'I am now lifting the exile order of Laxus Dreyar. If the current master believes that Laxus can return to the guild, he should tell him to do so.'

After complaining, Makarov ripped up the letter and yelled about how he was never going to try to retire again.

-----------------

"Are you feeling any better?"

Within the last week, Laxus had developed the flu. Emi looked over towards the lightning mage, noticing his pale face, his shaking body, and the sweat that dripped from the sides of his head. She sighed before replacing the wet cloth on his forehead, earning a groan.

"Did you want any soup? I can make it without celery."

"Please make it without the sauce, too. If I taste anything spicy I might just puke."

Emi nodded before going to the kitchen and making some soup. Once she returned, the white-haired woman carefully held a spoon out for Laxus and told him to open his mouth.

"You are absolutely," Laxus started before a wave of coughs crashed into him, "not feeding me."

"You're sick!"

"I don't care how sick I am. I can take care of myself."

Laxus had taken the soup away from the woman. Once he smelled it and detected the absence of hot sauce, he lifted the spoon and tried to drink it himself. Just before he was about to spill the soup on his lap, Emi steadied the spoon with her hand. Emi looked at the dragon slayer and smirked before getting up to leave.

"Well I guess if you're adamant about doing it yourself, then I can leave you all alone with your soup."

"...Wait."

Emi's smirk grew before slowly turning around to face him.

"Yes?"

Laxus looked down at his soup and refused to make eye contact with the woman before he said, "Will you please help me eat?"

Emi smiled wide before skipping back over to the bed. She looked at Laxus, gave him a quick "of course!" and helped guide the spoon of soup into Laxus's mouth. After finishing the soup, Laxus had begun to drift into sleep. He, however, was never able to stay asleep due to the coughing and shaking. Emi would come in to check on him every once in a while and frowned when she would see that he was struggling to get comfortable.

"Here, move your head." Emi fixed his pillow and smiled softly. She guided his head down to the pillow and gently ran her fingers through his hair. She heard a quiet hum, and she did this until the dragon slayer fell asleep.

In the morning, Laxus opened his eyes to see Emi leaning with her head on the edge of the bed and one hand on his head. His gaze became warmer as he took in the sight of her sleeping form.

"Idiot."