Gas Summon: Truth

"So Miss S-class, do you think you're up to go on a lowly C-class request?"

Emi looked behind her to see that Kira and Ayame were standing there, Kira with a smirk on her face.

"When do we leave?"

"Alright! It's been so long since we all went on a job together!"

Emi laughed before apologizing, saying that she needed to take more S-class jobs lately because the apartment was a little expensive. Ayame waved it off and dragged Emi to the train station. Sting and Lector were sitting on the bench in front of the train taking a nap. Kira rolled her eyes before kicking the bench and startling Sting awake.

"Let's go dragon boy. You can sleep on the train."

Sting grumbled before he noticed Emi standing there. A bright smile made its way on his face as he grabbed her hand and led her onto the train. His excitement immediately disappeared as soon as the train started moving.

He was eventually able to spit out a few words, "I'm really...glad you came."

Emi waved Sting over and he nuzzled his head into her neck. He was calm for a few seconds before the train jolted. HIs whole face turned blue as he slipped down. Kira scoffed before she pointed at his figure laying on the floor.

"Have you found out why dragon slayers get like this? It's super annoying."

Emi pulled Sting off the floor and laid his head in her lap before answering, "It has something to do with dragon senses and human senses interacting. The equilibrium is thrown off when in motion."

"But he's moving when Lector flies him around."

Emi shrugged, "I guess it's more mind over matter. Lector isn't transportation to him. He's family."

"That actually makes a lot of sense," Gajeel stated.

"Makes no sense to me!" Natsu shouted.

"That's because you don't have any sense at all!" Gajeel countered.

"He's an idiot," Kira declared.

Emi giggled, "I'm not denying that."

"Hey!"

Emi laughed at Sting's shocked face and gave a lopsided smile.

-------------------------------------------

"What's the job about?"

Ayame turned around and raised an eyebrow before asking, "Why do you always come on jobs if you don't even know what they're about?"

Kira laughed and explained, "She just likes coming to hang out with us because she gets bored on her lonely S-class jobs."

"It's true. I do enjoy your company."

"Anyway," Ayame continued, "Desmund Sivolt of Sawyer Town put in a request to recover some heirlooms that a group of bandits stole from him a couple days ago. Apparently they were posing as travelers and asked for a place to stay and then robbed them."

"Perfect reason why I don't help people."

Sting scoffed, "You don't help people because you're mean."

"What was that, asshole?"

"I said--"

"I heard what you said. Care to defend it?"

Ayame and Emi both sighed before walking away from the bickering pair.