Premonition

"Why can't you ever just lay still?"

"I'm sorry, but I need to find the most comfortable spot."

"Well then find it quick. I wanna sleep at some point tonight."

Emi continued to toss and squirm when Laxus finally stood up from his side, walked over to the other side of the bed, pushed Emi over to his side by the door, and laid down on the side by the wall. He turned so he was facing the door and pulled Emi under him. She hummed in content.

"I found it!"

"Shut up."

-------------------------------------

"It's gonna be your birthday soon, which means that we need to cook something special."

"When is your birthday?" Natsu asked.

Emi rushed over to Natsu and yelled, "You don't know when his birthday is? Does this mean you never celebrated his birthday?"

"I didn't like celebrating," Laxus spoke up.

"So what do you want to eat? You can have whatever you want!"

Laxus continued to tie his shoes and only looked up when he felt her jump on his back.

"Can't you see I'm busy? Get off."

Emi stood in front of Laxus and crossed her arms. She gave him a serious look and repeated her question.

"Can we talk about this when I get back?" Laxus grunted. "I have to get to a job."

Emi rolled her eyes and waved him off. She decided to busy herself by reading, as she always did. A book on Ice Make magic lay opened on the couch, so she decided to continue reading it. She looked at the spell guide and decided to try to cast one herself.

"Ice Make: Dragon!"

Absolutely nothing happened and Emi hung her head. She looked back to the book and saw that that particular spell was one of the higher ranking ones.

"Oh, duh. I should start off with a simple one. Let's see..."

Emi took the stance and closed her eyes.

"Ice Make: Shield!"

Emi screamed in frustration and flopped down on the couch. She threw the book to the side and huffed.

"I just want to be able to do just one spell. Is that so much to ask?"

She looked over at the different books that she had littered all around the first floor and sighed as she started to clean. She took the stack of books to the stairs and tried to carry them all up at once, but she couldn't see over the pile. Instead, she made a couple trips.

"I'm exhausted. Jeez I'm out of shape."

Emi decided to take a quick nap before she started to make dinner. She was woken up when she felt herself being picked up. Laxus came into view as she opened her eyes.

"You're back," she groggily stated.

Laxus hummed before bringing her upstairs and laying her on her bed.

"What do you want for dinner?"

Laxus laughed quietly before pointing out the window, showing her that it was completely dark outside.

"It's ten o'clock."

"How did that happen?" Emi asked, confusion lacing her voice.