Black Dragon

"What about this one?"

"It doesn't give enough jewel."

"This one?"

"We don't have the magic abilities to do that one."

"This one has to be it."

"Kira, why don't we just pick this one?" Emi suggested as she handed over a job request.

"Because," Kira stated with annoyance, "that one requires someone like Lector which means Sting would come."

Emi rolled her eyes and put her hand on Kira's shoulder before telling her that it wouldn't be that bad.

"Easy for you to say. You're dating him."

"Don't you want someone to carry our stuff?"

"No. I want it to just be us this time."

Emi looked at her friend amused before agreeing and picking out a request.

"What about this one?"

Kira shrugged her shoulders and agreed. It was a job to apprehend a rogue wizard, and it said that he was a fire mage. Kira smirked and said that it would be easy for her as a water mage to defeat him. She seemed to realize something and turned to Emi.

"Didn't you say that you were weak against fire?"

"I've learned some water spells that could counter it. Plus I have some other new spells I would like to try."

"Oh hell yes! I get to see new spells. That's my favorite part of taking jobs with you."

"Not my company?" Emi joked.

Kira lightly punched Emi on the shoulder before bringing the request flyer to Mich. They quickly packed what they needed and got on the train.

"It's like a three hour train ride. This sucks."

Emi was looking at the trees from the window when she turned to Kira and reminded her that at least Sting wasn't with them.

"Oh thank god. I would've killed him by now."

---------------------------------------------------

"So where exactly are we supposed to find him?"

"Woods."

"I want to go somewhere other than the woods for once," Kira complained.

"I actually like the woods. It seems like it would be a great place to live, don't you think?"

"Oh? Are you going to move into the woods one day?" Kira asked playfully.

"And then I did!" Emi cheerfully exclaimed.

"Yeah," Laxus grunted, "you sure did."

Kira had taken the lead as they walked through the woods. Emi felt a presence behind her and quickly turned around just in time to block an attack that was aimed at her back.

"Kira, behind you!"

Kira looked around and made a "huh?" sound before she barely missed a fireball that flew at her. She huffed before fully facing the rogue wizard. She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes.

"You're not supposed to be here until we get in the middle of the woods. We wanted to chat a little longer before we kicked your ass."

The figure stepped out of the trees with an evil smirk on his face. He was wearing a white cloak and had a big hat that was covering most of his face. Emi stepped forward and put her hand out to silence Kira. Emi quickly cast her Tidal Wave spell, sweeping the wizard off his feet. He clumsily landed on the ground and initiated his Sun Serpent spell.