Scolding

"Rushing Waters!"

"Iron Wall!"

Sting sighed as he sat down under his usual tree in the park. Kira and Emi were sparring again and he was told he needed to watch. Lector sat beside him as he looked at the fight in awe.

"Lady Emiko is the strongest girl wizard ever!"

Sting chuckled as they continued to watch.

"Sea Serpents!"

Emi barely dodged the rushing water serpents and cast her next spell by pointing at the blazing sun.

"Solar Spike!"

Rays of sunlight shot down from the sun and rushed towards Kira. Kira's eyes widened as she tried to dodge the piercing rays.

"Hey Emi, make sure you don't kill her," Sting chimed in.

"Nobody needs your commentary, dragon boy."

Sting shrugged his shoulders at Kira before pointing to Emi as she was rushing at the purple haired wizard.

"Better not get too distracted."

Emi reached Kira just in time to cast her Frostbite spell to trap Kira's feet to the ground. Kira struggled to move before bringing her hot water down to her feet to melt it off. She smirked before casting her Water Vapor spell. Boiling water rushed at Emi too fast for her to completely dodge it. Her arms were partially burned and she hissed in pain. Since Emi was distracted by the new pain, Kira smirked and cast her newest spell.

"Deluge!"

Rushing waters came pouring out from the rivers and ponds surrounding the park before crashing down on Emi. Kira beamed.

"I totally won! Did you see that? I finally won!"

Sting and Lector both looked unimpressed as they pointed to Emi standing where she was hit like nothing happened.

"What--"

"Is it my turn now?" Emi asked with a devilish smirk.

Kira's face paled as she watched Emi cast a spell.

"Thunder Missiles!"

Kira was pinned to the ground by small electric spikes. Every time she moved, she would get a small shock. Emi released the spell as Kira held her hands up in defeat. Emi smiled before helping her friend up from the ground.

"I thought I had you. How did you not lose once you got hit by that?"

Emi laughed before explaining that she had cast a fire type spell, Fire Defense, to counter the spell and turn it to vapor. Kira let out a frustrated breath before walking over to Lector and Sting and flopping down on the ground. Emi joined them soon after.

"Kira, it's very impressive that you were able to master the Deluge spell I showed you. It's a very powerful and fairly difficult spell to learn."

"Believe me, I've been practicing as much as I can to learn it in hopes of beating you with it, but that obviously didn't work."

They all stayed silent for a moment before everyone looked at Sting, causing him to ask what was wrong.

"How about Sting buys us ice cream?" Kira suggested.

"Hey! I never agre--"

Lector interrupted, "That's a great idea! Ice cream!"

"Emi, you can't thi--"

"I could go for some ice cream."

Sting looked at them exasperated before groaning and leading them to the ice cream stand by the palace.

"You guys are so mean to me."

Kira stuck out her tongue at the dragon slayer before linking her arms with Emi.

-----------------------------------------------------

"So when are you guys going on your next date? It's been a while."

"What are you talking about, Kira?" Lector questioned. "They went out last week."

Sting and Emi blushed as Kira continued, "Yeah but a week is a long time when I'm trying to meddle."

Sting rolled his eyes before tapping Emi on the shoulder.

"What do ya say? Up for taking down another dark guild?"

"No!" Kira yelled. "You won't have anymore dates that have fighting! You're supposed to be getting to know each other and start liking each other, not destroying dark guilds or fighting each other."

Confusion clouded Emi's face as she looked up at Sting, asking, "You don't like me enough?"

Sting's eyes darted from Kira to Emi as he stumbled over his words. Kira smiled smugly before tapping him on the shoulder and walking in front of him, bringing Lector along.

"I'll meet you guys at the ice cream stand. Seems like you have some stuff to talk about."

"You can't just do that and lea--"

"Why don't you like me enough for Kira to approve?"

"That's not what she meant, Emi. She's just trying to cause trouble."

"Oh," Emi smiled, "so you like me a lot then?"

Sting blushed before looking away and rubbing the back of his head.

"Let's catch up to them so we can get the ice cream."

"You mean you didn't even agree with her? You didn't tell her? You just ignored her when she asked you?" Mira scolded. "It was the perfect time to tell her and you ignored the opportunity!"

"Mira," Cana started, "they obviously tell each other at some point, so stop getting so worked up."