Fall

"This is so cool!" Natsu shouted. "Everything is happening before our eyes. Do you think we can do Lucy next?"

"Why me?! We should do you next."

"That's not fun at all," Natsu pouted.

"Um," Levy interrupted, "this spell is really complicated, so I don't think that we should do it more than this one time. It takes up a lot of magic energy."

Erza grabbed their attention, saying that there was another memory.

"Laxus, do you think that I'll ever recover my memories?"

"You better."

Emi giggled before stepping in front of him and going to hug him.

"Absolutely not," Laxus barked as he stepped backwards.

Emi rolled her eyes while smiling and put her hands up in defeat. She walked past him and made her way into the kitchen to start cooking dinner.

"Are you okay with having grilled fish?" Emi called out.

Laxus shouted back from the living room, "Sure. Whatever works."

Emi hummed and started to prepare the fish before Laxus appeared behind her. She jumped when she turned around and saw him, questioning what he was doing. He said nothing, only reaching into the cabinet next to the stove and taking out the hot sauce. He brought it back over to the table and sat down.

"Why are you--"

"Because I don't trust you with this."

Eventually the food was ready and they both ate. They sat there for a couple minutes after they had finished and took in the silence. Emi stood up and entered the living room before sitting down in the rocking chair in the corner. She looked out the window and smiled at the trees. She loved watching how the leaves fell off the trees. Getting an idea, Emi walked back into the kitchen and stood in front of Laxus.

"We should rake the leaves outside."

Laxus looked at her and silently told her to continue.

"It's our yard, so we should clean it up. Plus I think it'll be fun."

He stood up and rummaged through the front closet before taking out two rakes. He handed one over to Emi and opened the door. After a while, there were two big piles of leaves in the clearing.

"I have an idea," Emi happily said. "We should jump in the piles."

"No."

"Oh come on. Have some fun."

"You're free to jump in it yourself, but just know that you'll be responsible for cleaning it back up."

A few seconds later, Emi was buried in leaves. She laughed as she continued to play in the leaves. Looking up, she saw that Laxus looked bored and indifferent.

"He always looks like that."

Emi got an idea and asked Laxus to help pull her up so she could start raking the leaves. She tried to suddenly tug him down into the leaves, but he wouldn't budge.

"That's not fair. You're supposed to fall down."

"I've learned to be prepared for your antics."

----------------------------------------------

"Can I go to the gardens later?"

Laxus shrugged before continuing to make his bed. Emi jumped onto the bed, ruining the work he had done.