Decrescendo

"So, uh, what do we do now?"

Emi shrugged and looked around, taking in the destruction that the battle had caused.

"We really went off on this place. Good thing we fought here and not the city."

She took in a deep breath, wordlessly walking off towards the other end of the town of rubble.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Laxus questioned. "You need to rest. You're gonna die if you push yourself any more."

She disappeared into the city. Everyone looked at each other in confusion. Laxus and Sting sighed before going after her. The two dragon slayers had caught up to her as she stood in front of a pile of rocks with her head bowed.

"What's this?"

"Cain."

Sting held her shoulders in comfort as he stood behind her. Emi leaned back slightly, the back of her head leaning on his chest. The three of them stayed there for a few minutes in silence before Emi started to giggle.

"What's up with you?" Laxus sarcastically spoke.

"I just realized that I don't really have anything to do now. Which means I can put all my time into annoying you."

Laxus rolled his eyes and walked away. Emi giggled more.

"You big baby."

It was just Emi and Sting once Laxus left, and they continued to stand in silence.

"You remember everything, yeah?"

Emi hummed, turning around in his grasp to look at him fully. He smiled fondly at her and caressed her cheek. The white haired wizard leaned on her toes to reach his face and gave him a quick kiss. Their moment was cut off when they heard screaming. They rushed back towards the group and sweatdropped when they saw that the screaming was coming from the group.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" Sting asked confused.

"Happy and Charle brough this weird lacrima thing and it's been messing with us," Lucy explained, disgusted at the situation.

"What do you mean?" Sting questioned.

Emi sighed and walked to the center of the group where the lacrima sat. She carefully picked it up and walked over to an empty space next to the crowd. She told everyone to get back and once they did, Emi slammed the lacrima to the ground, cracking it. Blue flames burst out from the lacrima, and surrounding buildings were set on fire.

"Woah what the heck is that?" Natsu shouted.

"It's obviously Cain's flames, fire freak."

The flames continued to whip around, burning anything it touched. They surrounded Emi, but she wasn't affected. They started to surround the group, and everyone started to panic. Emi snapped her fingers to use the Dispel and the flames disappeared.

"Hey brat, do you mind? You almost set us all on fire."

A small smile formed on Emi's face. She tossed the lacrima off to the side and turned back to the group.

"I figured we should get that out of the way before we go back, yeah?"

"Lady Emiko is very smart, yes. That would've destroyed the city."

"Cain had inserted his flames into this lacrima as a last resort in case we were ever separated. I was gonna use the flames to try to help with the Sins, but we didn't need them. So I figured that I would destroy them before they caused any trouble."