Unison

They were all gathered in the park again, much to Makarov's dismay, and Emi and Laxus were leading a training session.

"We wanna show you how to do a Unison Raid," Emi explained.

"But I already know how to do one! This is so boring. Just fight me already!"

"Natsu, you did one Unison Raid," Lucy scolded. "Please pay attention."

"Okay...who has done one before?" Emi asked hesitantly.

Juvia, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, Natsu, Laxus, Sting and Rogue raised their hands. Emi sweatdropped and huffed.

"See? We can just skip straight to the fighting!"

Emi smirked and slyly responded, "Oh? You wanna just skip ahead? I think we can do that."

Laxus started laughing when he saw the evil glint in her eyes.

"You really shouldn't be so mean to them," Laxus playfully chided.

"Who says?" Emi shot back.

The two ended up bickering as the rest of them watched on in confusion.

"Weren't they...just kidding around?"

Laxus ended up picking her up by the back of her shirt and placing her down with the rest of them. He gave a smug look towards her and crossed his arms as he stood in front of them again.

"You're gonna be split up into pairs and you'll practice your Unison Raids."

The people who were already able to do Unison Raids all paired up with their partners. Emi clapped her hands to gain everyone's attention.

"Actually, what he means is that we'll be picking the groups for you to work in."

"W-What?" Lucy stuttered. "But we can't do--"

"That's her point," Laxus broke in.

"You should be so in sync with all of your allies that you should be able to accomplish this with any of them. Your Unison Raid partner is not always gonna be around to do it. They might not even have enough magic energy left to participate in one. This is to widen your choices."

"The groups are as follows: Juvia and Emi, Natsu and Orga, Lucy and Gajeel, Wendy and Rogue, Rufus and Gray, Cana and Yukino, Mira and Erza, and Sting and...me."

"Oh come on!" Sting immediately complained. "We're the least compatible of everyone!"

"Hey I didn't make the groups," Laxus defended.

"Em, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Emi shrugged and explained, "You two need to learn to work together."

Laxus rolled his eyes and stated, "I mean I don't have a problem with it. You're the one who can't do it."

Sting scoffed and stood up before standing toe to toe with the lightning mage.

"What is she thinking?" Lucy whispered.

"They're gonna end up killing each other," Gray added.

"Okay everyone!" Emi clapped again and stepped in between the two. "Let's start!"

"Where is everyone else?" Erza spoke up.

"They're off sparring with each other. Now shoo!"

---------------------

"Juvia thinks that this isn't working right."

"We just gotta sync. Let's breathe together."

Juvia and Emi both closed their eyes and slowed their breathing until they were breathing at the same time.