Explanation

"Little buddy, we have something to tell you."

Lector looked up from sipping his juice box on the couch and asked them what it was. Sting asked the exceed if he liked Emi.

"Of course I do! Lady Emiko is the strongest wizard ever besides you."

Emi giggled as Sting tried to reword what he meant to say. Lector eventually got what he was trying to say, causing him to float in front of them.

"Is Lady Emiko moving in with us?"

Emi's face flushed as she looked up to Sting to see that he also looked taken back. Lector waited patiently for them to answer. When they didn't answer, Lector pushed further. Sting had them all sit down before he revealed to Lector that they were mates.

"What does that mean?"

"Uh, it's basically means that--"

"Does it mean that you're married? Did you guys get married?"

"I guess?" Emi and Sting responded.

Lector cheered, "Now Lady Emiko can move in with us!"

"But Lector, I'm living with Kira."

Lector waved his paw as he argued, "If you two are married, you have to live with each other. That's how it works. Besides you guys have been dating for six months, so it's time anyway."

"Is that really how relationships work?" Emi asked as she stared at Sting.

"I mean, sort of. I guess."

"It is! So pack your bags, Lady Emiko. We're having a never ending sleepover!"

-----------------------------------------------

Kira and Emi were sitting in their apartment. Emi was cooking a sausage skillet while Kira sat upside down on the couch and read a magazine.

"So Emi, how have things with you and the asshole been?"

"Huh?" Emi squeaked from the kitchen, knowing what her friend was getting at.

"Oh come on. I can tell, you know."

"W...What?"

Kira smirked before closing her magazine and jumping on Emi's back by the stove.

"I've been reading that dragon book when I see it laying around. I thought it was really weird how Sting's moodiness lasted more than the usual week, so I looked into it and found that it only happens when dragons meet their future mate."

Emi continued to stir the food without saying anything.

"I also found it strange that he was so...happy once you came back. I put it all together and, well, I think I know but I just wanna make sure. Are you?"

"I swear I was going to tell you. I just wanted to wait until the right time and then we had meeting and everyone was always around and--"

"Easy Emi," Kira laughed. "I'm not mad at all. But does this mean I have to be nice to him? Because I don't think my heart could take that."

They both looked at each other and started laughing hysterically before Emi turned back to the skillet. Kira groaned once she saw her add another ingredient.

"Why do we always have to put hot sauce on everything?"

Emi echoed Cain's explanation, "It builds up your tolerance to things that can weaken you. The more you eat it, the less you will react."

Kira stuck out her tongue in disgust before flopping back down on the couch. They both heard a soft knock on the window, causing Kira to huff and swing the window open.

"Can't you come through the door like a normal person? We were having a very important conversation."

"Oh cool," Sting approved before sitting at the kitchen table. "What are we talking about?"

"You're not involved in this! Oh...well you actually are."

"Oh? What about me?" Sting pushed.

Kira pointed a finger at him before saying, "We were just talking about how you two slept together and didn't even tell me."

Sting's face turned scarlet as he tried to find words. Kira looked at him with a smug smile before sitting down across from him at the table. Emi spun around with the pan and dished out the food between the three of them.

"You're lucky I like Emi so much because if it was anyone else I would make sure to make your life a living hell. And believe me, I would enjoy every second of you being miserable."

"Okay you two. Why don't we just eat?"

Emi sat down between them and urged them to begin eating. Kira and Emi started to eat the food normally, but Sting choked as soon as he took his first bite. He started coughing as Kira laughed.

"Is something wrong, Sting?" Emi obliviously asked.

"Dragon boy can't handle the heat."

Sting spoke between coughs, "Shut up, Water Drain."

"If you're going to be like a bonded thing, you gotta learn how to deal with the hot sauce cooking."

"Why would you do this?" Sting asked as he started chugging water.

"To build up tolerance," Kira stated matter-of-factly.

"Who the hell taught you that, Emi?"

"My teacher. He was a fire...uh, wizard?" Emi struggled to accurately describe Cain without revealing that he was a demon in front of Kira.

"Yeah, dragon boy. He made her eat it all the time to make her stronger."

"I don't think that's how it works at all, but whatever."

**************************************

A/N: Short chapter, but I'm posting another one in a few minutes, so it'll add up to a regular chapter. Enjoy!