Wrath

Wrath saw something move from the corner of his eye, and he jumped away from Rogue's shadow right before it wrapped around his ankle again.

"You didn't think that I would actually fall for that again, did you?"

Wrath went to rush towards Sting and Emi when he was pulled back. His head whipped around to see Gajeel holding him by the back of his shirt. Gajeel gave his signature laugh before he slammed the Sin to the ground. Erza requipped to her Heaven's Wheel armor and shot swords out towards both Sins. Sloth cut through them with his daggers, and Wrath snapped his fingers just in time as he struggled to free himself from the rubble of the crater that had been created from his impact. The sword disappeared and came back at Erza from behind. Wendy jumped into action, casting her Sky Dragon Wing Attack and blowing all the swords off to the side. Natsu begged to be let out of the Shell of Divinity, and after a couple minutes of his loud protests, Emi sighed and released her spell. He dropped to the ground and punched the air before slamming his hands on the ground.

"Smoke Zone!"

Smoke and fire erupted from the ground and caused a burning haze. Sting, Gajeel, Gray and Juvia retreated back to the group, Juvia casting a water barrier around Fairy Tail and Sabertooth to protect them from Natsu's spell. Sloth dropped to the ground again, gasping for clean air as the fiery smoke invaded his senses. Wrath stood unaffected, his fire forming around him. His black flames whipped around him, and he had an evil look. Emi cast her Turbinis spell, a wind tornado whipping around, gathering the smoke from the area and sending it upwards so everyone could see again. She then cast her Wind Tomb, creating another tornado and sending it towards Sloth. He once again dropped down to the ground, grabbing his neck as he struggled to breathe. Wrath smirked as he watched on.

"What's got you so goddamn happy?" Gajeel grunted. "Your companion there is getting beat to shit and you're smiling?"

"He's a wonderful tactician, but he's completely useless other than that."

"Leader, how could you say something like that? I've done plenty of things to--"

"Shut up."

"I'm far from useless. I've taken down nations. More than the Four Beast Elements combined!"

"I said shut up."

Sloth stopped talking and looked to the side before growling and sending a dome towards Sting. Emi's stare hardened, and she cast her dual spell again, encasing Sting in a holy barrier. Sloth scoffed and went to aim a spell at Emi when he was lifted off the ground. He turned to see Laxus standing over him, his fist tugging the Sin's collar up harshly.

"You know, you should really think before you aim a spell like that at her. I don't think she's too fond of it, and I don't wanna hear her complain about it for hours on end, so I'm gonna stop you there."

Sloth, like Wrath, was roughly thrown to the ground. Laxus then turned to Wrath.

"What are you staring at, human? Struggle all you want, but you'll never win."

Wrath faltered a bit when he saw that Laxus looked at him with a bored expression.

"Why don't you cower like the others?" Wrath breathed, thoroughly confused.

"Sorry. I don't cower. And also, I lived with this brat for years. You have no idea what goes into that. You don't frighten me."

"Hey! I'm not that bad," Emi protested.

Wrath cast his Scatter spell, sending bursts of black fire everywhere, focusing it on the group of wizards that stood back from the rest. Wendy took in a deep breath before standing in front of the group.

"Wendy?" Levy questioned. "What are you--"

"Gale Vortex!"

A barrier of wind whipped around the area where they were standing, and the flames danced around in the wind before shooting off in different directions and away from them. Lucy summoned Virgo, and she instructed her to dig a tunnel so that they could discreetly get behind the Sins. Virgo did so, and a couple of them snuck into the tunnel. Wrath lunged at Laxus who continued to look at him blankly. Wrath looked pissed. Emi released Sting, who stood next to Laxus. They looked at each other and nodded before lightning and light started to dart around them. Emi saw their fangs start to appear, so she backed off. Sting was the first one to jump at the Sin. Wrath caught him by his arm and flung him back. Before he got too far away, Sting cast his Holy Breath and aimed it at the back of Wrath's head. Because the Sin was focused on his anger towards Laxus, he didn't see the attack to cancel it, so it hit him full force.

"I will not be defeated by lowly humans. You're all dead, you hear me?!"

Erza had appeared from the tunnel, sneaking behind the Sin and requipping her Nakagami Armor. She used the Nakagami Starlight, slicing through the space and sending Wrath flying a distance. The Sin picked himself up, his eyes dilating rapidly as he bared his teeth. Sloth joined Wrath, spitting out some blood that had pooled in his mouth.

"Leader, who do you want me to take out first?"

"Deal with the daughter of Cain," he ordered before growling and pointing towards Laxus, "I'll deal with this one."

*******

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter.