Picnics and Scars

The memory changed again, and Emi recognized it from before.

"Hey, there you are."

Emi turned to see Sting jogging towards her as she sat on the hill.

"I just needed to get away from everyone. Kira and Ayame were at it again. I swear, they can be so pushy sometimes."

Sting laughed as he looked down at her.

"How did you find me? I thought I snuck away pretty well."

"I could smell ya, duh."

Emi laughed before laying down again and staring at the clouds.

"Mind if I join ya?"

"I would be offended if you didn't, idiot."

Emi sat up and took the dragon slayer's hands before pulling him down to the grass. They both laughed before Sting sat down and pulled Emi into his lap, hugging her from behind.

"What do you think that one looks like?" Emi asked as she pointed to a large cloud.

"It's obviously a hippo riding a dragon."

"I was thinking more of an ostrich walking an elephant."

They looked at each other and started laughing again.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Em? Do you, like, wanna go on a date?"

Emi looked up from her story with Lector to make eye contact with a nervous Sting. She started giggling as Lector glared at the dragon slayer.

"Lady Emiko is reading me a story, Sting! Come back later."

"Why do you look so nervous? We've been dating for over seven months."

"Yeah but we don't go on many dates."

"You don't? I thought every time you and Lady Emiko hung out were dates."

"When did you want to go? We're going on a job tomorrow."

Sting sighed and continued, "And we have that meeting with Master Rue the day after..."

"...And then I'm going on a job with Kira..."

"...And I promised to go on a mission with just Lector after that...'

"I'm free next week!"

Sting grinned and shouted, "Hey, so am I!"

They both laughed before Sting sat down next to Emi and looked over her shoulder at the book. Lector waved his finger from his seat on Emi's lap.

"If you're going to join Lady Emiko and me, you have to stay quiet. We're reading a story."

Lucy gushed, "Aw, Lector, you're so cute."

Lector looked away from the group as he defended, "I was just interested in the story. I wanted to become smarter so I could get stronger."

"What are you guys reading about?"

Emi turned to Sting and told him that they were reading about Hansel and Gretel.

Lucy gave Lector a sly look before mocking that it would surely make him stronger. Lector blushed and flew into Emi's arms so that she was holding him to her chest.

Sting and Emi looked at each other for a minute before slowly inching closer to each other. Lector put a paw in between their mouths to stop them from kissing.

"Sting! No distracting Lady Emiko. I want to listen to this story."