Gluttony

"Man this place gives me the creeps. How can anyone work down here all day?"

The group laughed at Ayame as they walked through the mine. They eventually found the middle of the mine and saw that there were about fifteen thieves guarding the tunnels.

"I call taking those guys!" Kira yelled as she pointed to four thieves with swords and axes.

"I'll go take those guys," Ayame said as she motioned towards the three distracted men.

Sting and Emi looked at each other before splitting the rest up between them.

"I'll take the right if you take the left," Sting whispered.

Emi playfully whined as she whispered back, "Oh but I wanted the right!"

Sting rolled his eyes before casting his Holy Breath and knocking all of the remaining thieves down. He smirked at Emi as she started to complain that she didn't get to do anything. One of the thieves started to stand up, which gave Emi the time to cast her Cloudkill spell.

"Everyone hold your breath!"

"What do you--"

A big cloud of poison engulfed the thieves. They started coughing up blood which made Kira scream at Emi to stop. She canceled the spell and looked at the group in confusion.

"You were killing them, Emi!"

"No I wasn't. It's a mild poison that knocks people unconscious. It wasn't going to seriously hurt them."

Everyone looked at Emi unimpressed as they started tying up the thieves and bringing them back to town.

--------------------------------------------------------

"You guys are back really early. Did Emi go overboard again?"

Emi huffed before walking over to the bar and ordering an apple juice.

"I never--"

Everyone looked at her accusingly.

"Emi, you always go overboard. Every time you take a request, you either almost kill them all or you end up destroying something."

"Hey Gramps, this means she fits in perfectly with Fairy Tail!" Natsu urged.

"Laxus," Makarov started, "how on earth did you manage to meet a girl that fits in so easily without either of you knowing it?"

Laxus shrugged before ruffling Emi's hair, saying, "Guess it was meant to be."

"No way!" Sting exclaimed as he rushed over to Emi and picked her up. "She's coming to Sabertooth!"

"You wanna bet?!" Natsu shouted.

"Will you guys please--"

"Enough."

Everyone paled at the sight of an angry Emi. They all have never experienced this side of her first-hand, so they silenced immediately. Except for one.

"Oh come on, Em," Sting continued. "You can't seriously be--"

Emi turned to him and dared him to continue speaking. Sting sighed before holding her hand and tugging her back over to the opposite side of the group where Rogue was standing.

"I don't think I go that overboard."

"Uh, actually," Sting hesitantly spoke up, "you kind of do. I mean it's not too bad or anything. But sometimes you forget that we have to keep people alive."