GMG

"The Grand Magic Games? Isn't that in Crocus?"

Energy was buzzing through the guildhall. Makarov had mentioned participating in the Grand Magic Games, something that they hadn't done for the past couple years. They were looked down on as Fiore's weakest guild because of it, and Fairy Tail was sick of being in last place. Once the master heard about the prize money, he was gathering the wizards to decide who will be participating.

"The team will be: Natsu, Wendy, Lucy, Erza and Gray."

Wendy expressed her concerns with being chosen, not thinking that she was strong enough. She was convinced to still participate for the pride of belonging to her guild. Natsu was full of energy and enthusiasm, saying that there was no way they would lose.

Everyone was packing up to leave for Crocus when the master stopped a few members from leaving. He coughed to gain their attention.

"Juvia, Mira, Gajeel and Laxus, you will be participating as well as Team B for Fairy Tail."

"Hey Gramps, don't you think it's a little insulting to be on Team B?" Laxus asked.

Makarov then bribed them by introducing a reward for whichever team won, saying that the winning team could make the losing team do anything they want for an entire day. They all agreed shortly after when Emi hesitantly spoke up.

"Um, Master Grampa, I think you're a member short."

Just then, a cloaked man with magical staff walked into the guildhall. Everyone eyed him suspiciously.

"Emi, this is Mystogan. He's also an S-class wizard. He'll be joining the B Team."

Everyone present knew that it wasn't actually the Mystogan that they knew, as they were aware of the events surrounding Edolas. Emi was, however, unaware of the history of the guild and remembered reading about a powerful wizard named Mystogan in a book somewhere.

"Oh wow! It's so nice to meet you, Mystogan. I read about you once before. I think your magic is really powerful. I can't wait to see you in the games!"

---------------------------

"Laxus! Look at all the flowers!"

Laxus hummed, knowing that the city was the "flower capital" and that Emi would be mesmerized upon arriving. She made her way through the street, stopping at multiple flower carts as they walked to the inn that Team B would be staying. Emi had sparkles in her eyes as she smelt all the flowers.

"I really wish I was a dragon slayer so I could smell them all better!"

"We better get back to the inn. We have to be there by midnight."

Emi pouted, knowing that it was already ten o'clock and they had to unpack all their things. They followed the map that led to their assigned inn and started to unpack. Emi asked Laxus if he knew why they had a midnight curfew, but the mage had no idea. Soon, midnight struck, and the first challenge was announced - the competing teams needed to find their way through a floating maze, and only the top eight teams would qualify to participate in the main Grand Magic Game. Emi looked at the floating structure, admiring the amount of time it must've taken to construct. She gave Team B a big thumbs up and wished them luck before they entered the maze.

Emi sat on the bed and started to listen to music through Laxus's headphones. She eventually fell asleep sitting up, causing her body to fall over and onto the sheets.

"What's this?"

The unknown teenager was back again. He was holding a plate with a little cover on it so she couldn't see what was under it. He set it on the table in front of her and dramatically unveiled an apple pie.