43: Miami

I'm doing my best to drag this book out to 50 chapters. I said it would most likely sit somewhere between 40 and 50, so I'm trying to put in as much as I can. I've already planned the ending, it's just making sure everything links up with it. Then book two will arrive sometime in the New Year ❤

Gianna Romano

The jet landed in Miami and all of us girls squealed with excitement which made all the guys laugh. My sweet Devonte gave into my pleas of bringing everyone along to Miami so that we could enjoy a little vacation while the men handled business. He was totally against the idea first because it was 'too dangerous' but I did some 'convincing' and he caved. I guess it helped that I haven't been here before either. So now we're all here (myself, Von, Black who left Katelyn with her mom, Andre, Nasir, Alexis, Elena, Maria, Constance, Angelica and Jordan, thankfully) and although it'll just be us girls and Jordan most of the time, it's still going to be one big party.

Everyone filtered out of the plane and my baby and I were the last to get off. I grabbed my purse and was heading for the exit when Devonte pulled me into his chest and crashed his lips onto mine. This man just can't get enough - I'm not complaining though. When we pulled away he kept his arms around me and allowed me to turn so that my back was to his chest before we made our way out of the plane. It seems in the last few days since we both got a taste of each other, the more touchy we've been.

"Smile love bugs!" Constance called out while holding her camera up to take a picture. "Y'all are so cute."

I giggled. "Send me that."

"Alexis might not be the only one pregnant soon." Maria mused.

"Oh absolutely not. I will not be pregnant any time soon."

Devonte nodded in agreement. "I want kids but there's no rush. My baby is still young."

See? This man understands me.

He kissed my neck a few times before leading me to one of the four awaiting cars. One thing about Von, he has people everywhere. He introduced all of us to each person, then we piled inside the cars.

The drive wasn't too long to the house Devonte had rented out for us. It was a beautiful mansion right by the water. It had a little wharf out back that was home to jet skis and a speed boat - all of which were free for us to use and I know I definitely will - you don't come to Miami and not make the most of it, yes there is business to be taken care of, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun.

We split up to get settled in our rooms. Angelica and Jordan had the master bedroom on the ground floor seeing as he's still in a wheelchair, Andre was in the second room downstairs and the rest of us had rooms upstairs. Devonte and I were sharing the second master bedroom that had a view of the water and the city. It was even more beautiful in person than in pictures. I was mesmerised.

"You like it?"

"Like it? I love it. This is beautiful."

"You know what else is beautiful?" He asked with a smirk.

"What?"

"You."

I laughed and playfully hit his chest. "You're so corny sometimes!"

"You love it though."

"Mmmmm." I love everything about you.

"It's all about business tomorrow so we can do whatever you want to do today. A club or some shit?"

I shook my head. "We can't go to a club because Jordan won't be able to come. How about we bring the club here though? I mean, look at this house and the view? We don't need anyone else to have a good time. Just get some alcohol and we're good to go."