24: Furioso Mafioso

Remember, I do not speak Italian so if any of the Italian words I have used are incorrect then feel free to comment the correction. I use different websites and do my best to match everything up to make sure it's correct before I put it in my chapters, but you can never be too sure.

Anyway, enjoy!

"Cazzo! (Fuck!)" Mateo yelled and slammed his fist onto the wooden tabletop as he stood abruptly from his seat at the head of the meeting table. "Who sent that order out?!"

"We don't know boss, all that is known is that it came from America. Our tech team is working on it as we speak."

"Tell them to work harder!" He growled before turning to Vittoria. "Get the guards ready, tell them my daughter is coming home tonight."

The woman who'd taken care of Gianna since she was a newborn and was currently highly worried about the situation at hand nodded her head and rushed out of the room to do as she was told.

Some minutes ago the mafia had gotten word of something very serious. It was nothing to joke about and because Mateo was who he was, he was not taking any chances, especially this time around. A hit had been put on Gianna's head. There hadn't been a trace on exactly where it was generated but they did pin the location back to America - it was now a mission of breaking that down even more to figure out just who was game enough to put a hit out on the daughter of one of the most dangerous men in the world. And when they would find out, because lord knows they will, Mateo was going to make sure that they paid in the worst way possible. 

Emilio, the right hand man to Mateo, walked into the room. He was almost as mad as his boss. Gianna had always been like a daughter to him. He'd watched her grow right from birth into the woman she had become today and for her, he would do anything, even if that meant giving up his own life. 

"Boss we need to move quickly, we just got word that she went to a club tonight and someone shot it up."

Mateo frowned. "Cazzo Madre di Dio! (Fucking mother of God). Is she okay? Do you know who it was?"

"Apparently it didn't end well, a few people were injured and the boy she was working with, his brother was rushed to hospital. Roman assured me Gianna is safe though."

"Manache! (Oh hell)." He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose while shaking his head. "At least my daughter is alright. They're coming back home, si?"

"They're heading to the Ricci Airfield out there. I told him to lay low in the safe house there and that you'll meet them."

Mateo nodded. "Investigate that boy she went on that date with. I don't care, no one is safe now that my daughter's life is on the line. Investigate that Devonte too. Everyone she's been involved with. Investigate them all." 

Emilio nodded. "I'll get the boys onto it."

"Good. I trust you to handle everything while I go collect this daughter of mine."

"Of course."

The two men made their way out of the office and down to the main entrance of the house. They walked down the stairs towards the awaiting limousine, all the while Mateo went through his list of things for Emilio to do while he was gone. His driver Demetrius opened the door as they approached the car and greeted his boss, as well as Emilio. 

"I'll be back in the next twenty four hours. I'm going to get Gianna and we're coming straight home. I'm not spending unnecessary time in that place."

_ _ _

Gianna Romano

After a lot of convincing, I got Roman to take me to my apartment so that I could grab some of my things and get changed out of this dress. He gave me ten piddly little minutes to get whatever I wanted before we had to leave. Apparently it was too dangerous to stay in one place for too long with there being a price on my life now. It seems like I can't catch a break these days. Everything is so messed up and to be honest, it all started when I came here. Maybe America wasn't the right choice after all.