1: Prologue

"Gianna Carlotta Romano."

The crowd erupted into cheers just as anyone could've expected. Gianna was one of the most respected and popular girls at her high school, not only because of her natural beauty but because of the amount of power her name simply held. She was the daughter of businessman and feared mafia boss, Mateo Romano, the most ruthless man an enemy could come across.

A wide smile spread across her face as she walked across the stage towards the teachers at the other end who held her diploma. She'd made it through high school and was now free to go off to the United States of America where she'd be going to college - one of the best. Of course she wouldn't be going entirely alone, the agreement was that a few of her fathers men (bodyguards) would be accompanying her to make sure she never got into any trouble and though they'd never be following her, they wouldn't be too far away.

Gianna looked out into the crowd upon being handed her diploma, instantly spotting her father. Who couldn't spot him? He stood with at least ten armed men around him, all clapping and cheering. Her smile widened and she waved to him before following the rest of the graduates who'd walked the stage before her.

The ceremony went on for another ten minutes, then everyone was congratulated once more and dismissed.

"Mia bella (my beautiful), I'm so proud of you!" Mateo cooed at his daughter and kissed her forehead.

They'd just got into the back of the car that awaited them and we're heading back to the house, or rather the headquarters for the Italian Mafia. Gianna was simply to change, then they'd be heading to a party that Mateo had arranged for her and her friends; most of the school to be exact.

"Thank you papa. Ti voglio bene (I love you)."

"Ti voglio bene, my love. Are you ready to go to America? You're still sure about this?"

Gianna giggled, already knowing that her father wasn't the biggest fan of the idea. She was his only child and the two had always been close so it was no question that he was going to miss her dearly.

"I'm sure papa. Columbia is one of the best universities in America and they have the best study programme for business. I know it's a long way away from you, but I have thought this through. I'll message with you everyday and call you when I can. I'll come back for the holidays too."

Mateo sighed. "You're really growing up on me princess. Promise me you'll be careful out there. We have many enemies and though I'm certain none are stupid enough to bring you any harm, I still want you to keep your guard up."

"I will. I promise papa."

"Good. I taught you all the best defences and I'm confident you'll use them if need be."

She nodded her head. "Well I am your daughter. If anyone does mess with me, they will be sorry."

Mateo chuckled. "Oh I know they will."

_ _ _

"I'll be gone for some months to fix up shit that shouldn't have even been a problem in the first place."

All the men sat around the table in silence staring at the boss, Devonte Wilson, possibly the most feared man in America. They knew better than to speak when he was mad because even if you were innocent, he wouldn't hesitate to shoot or kill you - it was just that serious sometimes. He'd always been a cold man but he did have a softer side to himself; it wasn't seen often but it was there.

He was furious but was trying to do his best to keep his composure - now wasn't the time for him to loose his cool. He needed to get through this meeting and iron out all the details for his men so that he could leave for New York as soon as possible. Business there was urgent and needed to be handled. Just for reassurance, he'd be taking some of his best men in order to try and get the job done quick, then he could come back and tend to things here because this was where he really needed to be.

Devonte finished giving his orders, along with dropping one or two threats here and there in case any of his employees didn't get how serious this business was, before leaving with his right hand and the few men who'd be accompanying him on his trip. They all walked outside and got straight into the cars that were taking them to the airport; Devonte and his right hand Nasir in one car, the rest of the men in the other.

"I trust everything will be good while I'm gone. You know the ins and outs to all this Nas, I'm trusting you with this."

Nasir nodded. "I gotchu."

They dapped each other up.

"I should be at least three months, no more than six. I need to fix whatever bullshit has happened, starting with interrogating Lorenzo. That motherfucker was in charge and let all this go down, now I have to personally pick up the pieces."

"I'll keep you updated on everything boss. You just get everything back to normal and if you need anything let me know. I'll have it done within the hour."

"Good."

_

_

_

Thank you for choosing to read this book ❤ 

Questions + Responses:

What do you think so far?

What things do you want to see in this book?

Vote, comment & share 😁✌