39: The Creative Side

Let me just say it now, there is no way that Gianna and Devonte will be getting married or having a child or anything of that nature in this book. I've always intended to have a second and possibly third book (which I already have plot lines drafted up for) so none of that will be crammed into this book. To me, this book right here is just an introduction to the characters, their lives and how their worlds collide.

Anyway, this is a chapter I know a lot of you have been looking forward to!

Enjoy my loves ❤

Devonte Wilson

I sat in the meeting room at the trap. Lorenzo was opposite me and Nasir was beside me, along with Andre and Black. It's been a week since my mom revealed to me everything that we'd all been oblivious to and Lorenzo finally had all the information I wanted about this Demario Wade person. I'm here now with the guys to find out exactly who he is so that I can properly prepare for his death, and I can assure you right now, he'll die in the worst possible way for putting his filthy hands on the woman who gave me life.

"There wasn't a lot at first, we had to really dig to find all this shit which means he has some connections somewhere."

I nodded. "Keep going."

"Well, he's a business man. He owns a major corporation and is on the borderline of becoming a billionaire. His wife divorced him three years ago, claiming that he used to abuse and assault her over the years in which they were married which resulted in multiple miscarriages."

"He definitely paid someone off to try keep that information under wraps." Black said.

"For sure. Fucking scumbag."

"Anyway, he owns a luxury penthouse suite right in the heart of the city in Miami plus a mansion on the outskirts of town. I've assigned some men to follow him and watch his every move. If we plan an attack, it'll have to be when he's in the mansion since it's a more secluded area and will be easier to get in and out. However if you wanted to storm the penthouse it would need a lot more planning and we'd all have to make sure that all weapons are silenced."

"The penthouse is smaller so it would be easier to get to him in that regard. Do we know who owns the building?"

Lorenzo smirked. "We do actually. An Italian family by the last name Ricci, they have connections to Mateo Romano."

If Gianna knows these people this could mean a much simpler plan for me. I'm sure her dad would put in a good word now that he and I are cool.

"I'll speak with Gianna...actually, what time is it?"

Andre looked at his watch. "Three thirty. Why?"

"Shit. I gotta go, I'll catch y'all niggas later." I said quickly before grabbing my coat and standing up.

"The fuck. Where you going?"

"Mind ya business!" I yelled in return as I rushed out of the trap and to my car.

I'm so fucking late, my baby's gonna kill me having her wait this long when I'm the one who planned this whole day out for us.

Today I'm taking her on a date. Our first date. I'd planned to do so the day after we'd arrived back from Italy but then everything happened with my mom, so I thought it was best to put it off. Thankfully it allowed me more time to prepare and really bring the creative side out of myself. She's a one of a kid chick, so I hope she'll like my one of a kind setup.