18: Decisions

As I said in the last chapter yesterday, if I had time when I got home from work I would post anther chapter...well, I got to come home early so here y'all go 😅

Also, this has nothing to do with the chapter itself, but I wanted to remind y'all that Gianna is only eighteen and Devonte is twenty four - there is a six year age gap between them. 

I just want you to keep that in mind as you continue reading.

The halls of the hospital were relatively quiet. There was the odd commotion from nurses but it was silent for the most part. Outside Devonte's room stood Jordan, Nasir and Alexis. They'd been told to step out while the doctors performed a special procedure to get Von off the oxygen machines and breathing on his own. He'd been improving a lot over the week that had passed and this would be the next step into his recovery if he could successfully be weaned off all the machines. It was a nerve wracking situation for the three of them but they all were certain that Devonte would be just fine; he was a fighter.

Meanwhile on a different ward, Gianna and Elena sat in the examination room with Constance. After what Tony had said to her that night, Constance broke down completely. Her heart was heavy and she felt like the smallest person in the world. Someone had their way with her body and that made her skin crawl and the thought of possibly carrying that man's child was even more upsetting - if she was pregnant then she was going to have an abortion. As much as she hated the thought of ending an innocent life, she didn't want to bring a baby into the world that she didn't consent to even making. And if she did choose to keep the baby then she didn't want he or she to be born and then she resent that child because no child deserves that.

"You know we're all here for you girl, whatever happens Constance, we got you." Elena said, breaking the silence.

Constance smiled weakly. She didn't respond verbally but reached out and grabbed both her friends hands, holding them and squeezing them tightly.

Her friends were both anxious of the result that the doctor could come back with. Regardless their friend was still taken advantage of but if the tests came back negative it would be a huge relief and a weight lifted from everyone's shoulders - Constance's most importantly. Neither of them showed their emotions though. They didn't want their friend to feel anymore scared or anxious then she already was.

"Sorry for the wait, that took longer than expected." The Doctor said, stepping into the room with his clipboard. "So from the notes on your file when you went to the hospital to get treated for your injuries, they didn't do a vaginal check to know if you were really raped or not? Nor did they administer a pill just in case?"

Constance swallowed. "N-no."

Gianna squeezed her hand for comfort. This wasn't an easy thing to speak about at all, though Constance had done a good job thus far at making it seem like nothing had ever happened to her. She just wanted to forget. She pretended like it was one big bad dream. She just wanted to move on. It happened and she couldn't change that.

"Okay dear. I'm sorry for having you talk about this, I know it mustn't be easy. As a doctor I need to know as much as I can. Anyway I have the test results back-"

Just as the doctor was about to say if they were positive or negative, Gianna's phone started ringing. She quickly grabbed it out of her purse and stared down at the screen. Nas was calling. Knowing it was probably important she excused herself from the room and answered the call.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

"He's awake and he's asking for you."

Relief washed over her. "Alright. I'm on my way now."