12: Making Plans

Okay..y'all might not like me after this chapter 🤣

Enjoy!

Devonte walked through the trap the next day with Jordan and Angelica following closely behind him. They were here to discuss further and start devising a plan that they would then present to Gianna who would come to the trap after her classes for the day were over, of course Alexis would be accompanying her. The workers greeted their boss as he passed and in return he gave them quick head nods in acknowledgment. Jordan and Angelica did the same.

As they turned the corner to walk down one of the long hallways, Lorenzo, the man in charge of all operations in New York appeared and came walking in their direction. He had a scar on his right cheek that was a constant reminder of the brutal beating he'd received when Devonte had first touched down in the city. In that moment Von was still livid at the situation and the fact that he had to halt whatever he was doing in Los Angeles to come and deal with things in New York that shouldn't have been occurring in the first place and unfortunately, Lorenzo had been the one to feel the wrath of that. He'd not expected it but he'd accepted it none the less. That was his punishment for letting something so serious go on under his nose, though he truthfully knew nothing about any product or money going missing. He vowed to do everything to keep his boss happy and help bring down the traitors who were rats in the camp.

"Good Morning boss. Heard I missed quite the show yesterday." He mused.

Devonte laughed. "Mmm. That shit was intense Lorenzo and it all happened so fast. Speaking of, is Reggie still seeing the light of day?"

"Yup. He's still in the basement but he's alive still. Barely. They beat him to a pulp, plus he'd lost a lot of blood from that girl cutting out his tongue. I wish I'd been there to witness such a thing man."

"It was impressive for sure, but watching your daughter's recital was much more important. Moments you'll never get back."

One thing about Devonte, he was big on family, especially when it came to children. His cold and ruthless nature always seemed to vanish when it concerned a child. He'd show emotion more with a child and was very accommodating to the members of his crew who had children of their own. Secretly he couldn't wait for the day that someone called him dad. The day that he held his son or daughter for the first time. The day he'd teach them how to ride a bike. The day he'd take them to the movies and then to dinner afterwards. He couldn't wait but he knew he would. He didn't want to have children with just anyone. The woman would have to be someone he cared for a lot, someone he loved and someone he could blindly trust. She'd have to be committed to him as much as he was to her and be content with the life he lived. She'd have to accept him and all that came with him and for Devonte that was hard to find, especially with his nature.

While he and Lorenzo conversed, Jordan and Angelica were in a little world of their own. They'd texted and talked over the phone a lot since their first meeting and it was safe to say they liked each other. Could they ever be more than friends? It was quite possible. They certainly found each other attractive, so the physical aspect would never be an issue. Jordan knew he'd be willing to try something serious with Angelica but only after getting to know her some more and only if that was something that she wanted. After hearing what her ex did to her, he didn't want to pressure her into anything or make her feel like she had to commit. If anything was to transpire between them, he wanted her to make the first move.

"I still can't believe I'm a part of all of this now. It's unreal Jordie."

Oh, they both had nicknames for each other too. He was her Jordie and she was his Angel.