4: Fierce and Cold-blooded

🚨 Mild Graphic Content in this chapter 🚨

It's not detailed much but I thought I'd put warning just in case

Look out for this '🚨' so you'll know when it's about to happen

"I'll let the professor know you won't be in. Good luck."

Gianna shared a hug with Elena before getting back into the car and signalling the driver to take her to her final destination. It had been two days since the incident with Constance and finally she was meeting with one of her father's employees, the tech man Roman, to try and get information on who did such a vile thing to her friend.

Constance hadn't been doing so well the past few days, so all of their friends group made sure that they surrounded her with nothing but love and positivity. The girl was truly shaken by the events but what haunted her the most was the fact that she had no idea what happened to her when she blacked out that night and she probably wouldn't ever know.

_ _ _

Gianna Romano

I stepped out of the car and was immediately brought into Roman's arms. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his torso, snuggling my head into his firm chest. He and I have always been close. We've never been more than friends and that's the way it will remain - my father would never allow business to mix with pleasure anyway. I think our bond comes from him being one of the younger members of the mafia, majority of the others are at least thirty.

"I've missed you princess."

"Here you go with that name!" I giggled as we pulled away from each other.

Roman has called me princess for as long as I can remember. He says it's because I am one because of who my father is and the status our name holds. He says that I am royalty and should be treated as such. He reminds me of my father in that sense, he says I deserve nothing but the best in life and that any man I choose to be with should treat me accordingly or else.

"I've missed you too Roman. Italy hasn't been the same without you. I missed having someone young around."

He chuckled. "So you only hang with me because I'm a young one?"

"Not what I said!" I laughed and playfully punched his shoulder. "Anyway, can we get started on this? I have a lot to explain to you."

"With pleasure princess."

We went into his house and he made sure I was comfortable first by offering me refreshments and food before showing me to his office. We got all setup and I gave him the rundown of what happened and finished off by telling him what I wanted him to find out for me.

I'm really going to get to the bottom of this, no one messes with my friends and gets away with it. I was born into the mafia life and I will protect the people I love at all cost. This pretty girl has a deadly side that you won't know of until it's too late.

"Give me the rest of the day and I'll call you tonight with whatever I find."

"Thanks Roman, I owe you."

_ _ _

🚨 

A scary energy filled the dimly lit room. Three men stood in the centre, shackled so that they could not escape. Even if they weren't it would be stupid of them to try because they die an even slower and painful death. All of them had already been badly beaten and now it was just a waiting game to see whether or not they'd speak before being sent straight to hell. Out of the darkness, Devonte stepped forward. The three men gasped and their eyes widened. They knew exactly who this was and just how dangerous he could be, especially if you were seen as an enemy, which in this case the three of them were.