21: The Softer Side

A bit shorter, but enjoy ❤

Something happened to this chapter when I went to publish it earlier, so I had to scroll through notes on my phone to find the draft. If there are any mistakes feel free to comment them or the correction, I think I found them all but you can never be too sure.

Devonte Wilson

I sat back watching Gianna closely as she changed my dressings and carefully applied alcohol to my wounds. This was the new routine now and had been for the last three days that we'd been at my house. I'd wake up early, the way I always did, and she'd be there to help me if I needed it. Somehow I convinced her to sleep in my bed just for the first week as the doctor said that was the timeframe where I'd feel the most pain and need the most help with everything seeing as my stitches would still be fresh.

I winced when she applied the alcohol onto one spot in particular - that one hurt the most out of all of them. That just makes me even more pissed off about the situation and I can't wait to lay my hands on that scumbag Tony once I've heard up nicely. If he didn't regret the day he was born last time, he definitely would when I'm done with him this time. Gianna having her people torture him everyday was only going to be the tip of the iceberg for his dumbass.

"Alright, all done." She said softly and stood to her feet with my shirt in her hands. "Sit up a little."

I did as she'd asked and slowly sat up just enough for her. She carefully slipped the shirt onto my body before getting me to sit all the way up and helping me to turn so that my legs were off the bed. She was just about to get me to stand when her phone started ringing on the nightstand next to us. Immediately she looked at who was calling and scoffed when her eyes landed on the name Antonio. She reached down and ended the call before turning back to me.

"Who was that?" I asked, not being able to not be intrusive.

"Don't worry about it."

A boyfriend maybe? I hope not.

Once I was in the stupid wheelchair that I don't like but Gianna forces me to be in because 'it was the doctors orders', we headed downstairs. I'm so thankful that there are elevators in this house others I'd be screwed right now. To be honest, every house that has stairs should have one, that way there's always another way to get around the house - especially if someone's in a wheelchair or on crutches.

She pushed me in the wheelchair into the living room and my eyes immediately lit up at the sight of my God daughter Katelyn. She squealed when her eyes landed on me and took off running in my direction but stopped when she was about a metre away. Gianna and Black laughed as she stood there motionless, staring at me while I stared right back with a smile. She smiled slightly but was clearly unsure. Then her eyes drifted behind me. Gianna moved around to be beside me before getting down to Katelyn's level.

"Hi cutie! You must be princess Katelyn. I'm Gianna."

Katelyn's smile only got bigger from there. Anyone who knows this little girl knows she is obsessed with Disney Princesses (like most little girls) and is convinced that she is one herself - which I don't doubt at all because she truly is a princess and gets treated like one. She's an angel and can light up anyone's day.

"No love for uncle Von babygirl?" Black asked.

Katelyn glanced back at him before looking at me but then setting her eyes back on Gia.

"It's okay sweetie. Your uncle only has a boo boo, you can hug him, just be careful."

I smiled and leaned forward some, opening up my arms for a hug. "Come on ladybug, it's okay."