29: His Truth

Lemme just take a moment to say thank you! This story is #1 in alliance - the first #1 spot for this book with hopefully more to come in future!

All these spots are achievements to be honest!

#22 in augustalsina out of 9.8k stories, that's amazing in itself

And it's all thanks to you!

Oh and, the 'rollercoaster' awaits you..

Elena Antonelli

It's been hours since Uncle Mateo announced his engagement and since Gianna left to where we assume is America - but even after Adriano confessed the argument they'd had earlier about her wanting to leave, we still can't be sure. She could've said all that to be certain that we wouldn't follow her. Honestly, who knows with Gianna. She can be really sneaky and secretive when she wants to be but she'll only do it for certain reasons. My brother told Mateo minimal things but he didn't go into detail about exactly why she'd want to leave because uncle would've flipped his shit.

Everyone's been trying to locate her but I'm not sure if they will. If she didn't want to be found, she would've made sure it wasn't possible. I've been sitting here in my room trying to figure out where she could be. I could bet money she did what she intended to do which is to find Devonte and confess everything to him. I don't witnessed first hand how cut up she was about leaving, so I know this past week must've been hard for her.

At that moment Adriano walked into my room. He looked so defeated. I knew that he thought that this was his fault - which it wasn't. We all know how stubborn Gianna can be and he told her it was too dangerous to leave, yet she still managed to get away anyway. I know he feels like he should've done more to keep her here and protected but when it comes to my best friend that is not possible. When she sets her mind to something there's no stopping her at all. He sat down beside me and sighed before opening his mouth to say something. Before he could even get a word out however, my phone rang. The number was unknown but something in my heart told me to answer it even though I never normally would.

"Hello?"

I was met with cries and not just any cries; they belonged to Gianna. Immediately I pulled the phone away from my ear and put it on speaker so that Adri could hear too. He grabbed his own phone and began to try trace where this call was coming from while listening in to what was going to be said.

"Who is this?"

Someone laughed and I was certain that it was Antonio. "I'm sure you'd know by now sweetheart. I just wanted to call you so you could say goodbye to your little friends. I'm not that much of a monster to not let you speak to them."